Author Topic: GSX Follow-Me car is blind?.  (Read 1389 times)

trisho0

GSX Follow-Me car is blind?.
« on: March 14, 2022, 03:32:39 am »
I flew from YMML to YSSY and after landed I called GSX Ground Services to request a Parking Gate. During the travel following the Follow-Me car the vehicle went to a gate where another aircraft was already parked. The GSX Follow-Me car didn't see the plane parked on the Gate. The Follow-Me car simply kept driving and left me the place for I to park. I couldn't park my plane. The Follow-Me car is blind (lol).
Any comments are accepted.
Patricio Valdes

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX Follow-Me car is blind?.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 04:13:37 am »
I don't think GSX vehicles have the ability to detect AI, so it probably had no idea that the other plane was even there, but the question becomes why did you select a gate that another plane was occupying in the first place.
Captain Kevin

trisho0

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 04:43:49 am »
My dear Captain Kevin so glad you are here again; I hope you are OK.
I selected a free space for parking that GSX offered me from the list. I may have to reduce UTLive percentage to allow lower number of AI.
But this is my very first time seeing such intruder (lol) in the parking space.
I appreciate your help so much.
Patricio Valdes

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 02:00:47 pm »
I suppose it's possible that in the time that you selected the parking and the time you actually got there, either that plane was already on its way there and got there before you did, or does UTLive spawn traffic at gates. I don't know how it works since I don't use UTLive, I fly on VATSIM.
Captain Kevin

trisho0

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 04:19:17 pm »
Really, all I did since the begining with UTLive is to adjust the AI percentage. Good point Captain Kevin, I will check UTLive to find further settings for AI.
Regards,
Patricio Valdes