Author Topic: Some advice please on BlueAngels Update (Not a commercial product? )  (Read 8859 times)

markturner

Hi, I see the previous thread got locked , but as far as I can tell, the product is just a collection of community generated enhancements for the F-18 and does not cost money. In the light of that, please dont take offense at me asking about it here.

I wondered if anyone could tell me if the mods are automatically enabled if you use the installer, or wether you need to configure them your self. In the enclosed manual, there are instructions on how to add and change values in the .cfg files, etc , but as the pack can also be manually intstalled, I wondered if these instructions just related to the manual install?

Thanks in advance and apologies if I should not have mentioned it here.....

cheers, mark

Caleb

Re: Some advice please on BlueAngels Update (Not a commercial product? )
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 05:57:56 am »
Markturner,

Sorry the other post was locked, they said in the post I was adverising??!!!?!?!?! I wasnt... here you go, this is on the FSX Blue Angels forums, It is a completely different installer that works off a different row of planes in the selection. It is free. Here you go: http://fsxproblueangels.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2558 . Please delete this post, I have no intentions of advertising. I dont need to advertise, this is completely free.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 02:47:57 pm »
Caleb,

I seem to recall that your original post was pointing to a different website, which was offering some commercial products, is this correct ?

In any case, if you would clear up what's this addon is about, there might be not a problem reopening that thread and accepting posts, as long is only related to the Acceleration F/A-18 airplane or anything that can enhance it.

Caleb

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 05:00:18 pm »
virtuali,

That was the link to download the plane, and I do belive I put the website link in their to Eaglesim, I just copied and pasted from my post on the FSX Blue Angels forums. It is compiled into a installer, for non advanced users. It's 100% free, and the fetures are listed below.

1. Sonic boom
2. Wing vapor
3. Real life HUD
4. Clear HUD and glass
5. Lower sitting gear
6. 2010 Blue Angels Textures & Pilot suits
7. Braking fix (reduces spinouts)
8. Updated exhaust (to make it look black insted of white)
9. Carrier and meatball instruments (hold the parking brakes and goto afterburner and it will catapult you)
10. Traffic RADAR (press shift+5, and press center for settings)
11. Updated avionics panel (shift+2)
12. Cessna radio panel with autopilot (F/A-18 panel coming in 2.0)
13. Red airbrake
14. New icons

markturner

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 11:42:05 pm »
Hey Caleb, Virtuali, glad the misunderstanding is cleared up, it seems like a pretty neat collection of enhancements.

Caleb, I have installed that version, can you confirm what I asked in the OP? Are the mods all installed and working if I use the installer, or do I need to configure my self?

many thanks , and for the hard work to put the pack together, Mark

Caleb

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 11:52:44 pm »
Mark,

Everything is configured on the update. The SDK your probably looking at just tells about how to move the roots if you want to put it on another airplane of yours. Feel free to ask anything!!

Thanks,
Caleb

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 02:29:30 am »
caleb:

it would be awesome for us to have screenshots of each fix if possible, cuz i have not idea what most of the things listed do.

btw, i think its a terriffic idea putting together everything that makes the hornet even better in one pack!

i think i`ve seen some texture fixes for the blue angels somewher once, but i dont remember... also theres a problem regarding tail numbers with the hornet in multiplayer, like no matter wich one you choose, everyone will be number one on MP.. its a path problem, and i think that this fix can be found easily on the internet... just some suggestion for you to add to this pack (if its not there yet)

just one more question: will this stuff work with captain sim f18B ?

cheers

Caleb

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 02:38:56 am »
fael097,

Most of the fixes are self explainitory, but I will do this in the next pack!! The numbers you see are a problem with the game, most of the times it works, but 1/5 times they all come up #1.

Thanks,
Caleb

Razgriz

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 05:34:47 am »
fael097,

Most of the fixes are self explainitory, but I will do this in the next pack!! The numbers you see are a problem with the game, most of the times it works, but 1/5 times they all come up #1.

Thanks,
Caleb

Its actually a problem with the texture fall back in the texture.cfg.  To save rendering time, all the airplanes are changed to the default texture (including yours) which happens to be BA #1.

Orion

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 07:33:26 am »
Yep, if I recall correctly, the problem can be resolved by creating a shared texture folder (currently they're all in the Blue Angels 1 texture directory) and changing the fallback.1 to go there instead of the Blue Angels 1 paint.  Or you could do it slightly differently and keep the fallback the same and move the Blue Angels 1 paint textures to a different folder and edit the aircraft.cfg to reflect that.  I'll write out proper instructions if anyone's interested ;).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:35:36 am by Orion »

Caleb

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 02:37:39 pm »
I'm actually working on that.

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 03:33:05 pm »
i had those fallback paths fixed when i used to play fsx all the time, thats why i know it can be fixed. i had a lot of fixes i did by myself also, i had a 737 autopilot panel in my hornet, my repaints (lost them all :( )

i just wish i could edit the models.. i got the tools, i got the knowledge, but as far as i know, these fsx compiled models cant be unpacked...

Caleb

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 09:50:11 pm »
Same here,  I dont know much about models, but a friend is wonderful at planes... he said the same thing about decompiling.

Caleb

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 11:37:45 pm »
But.. if you remove the fallback, the plane will apear 'shiny'. It needs those other textures.. unless you put them in the BA1 in my case.. that will take up some space, that some people may not have.

burner12

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 03:23:54 pm »
I downloaded the file and installed it, and added the files that need to go into the panel and aircraft.cfg files. But I can't figure out where to put the files listed under number 2 in the instructions and when I try and run FSX the Blues F-18s don't have blue suits. So i believe something didn't install correctly. Can somebody help please?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:47:26 pm by burner12 »