Author Topic: ProSim A320 & GSX  (Read 2133 times)

AlphaTech

ProSim A320 & GSX
« on: February 17, 2022, 06:13:11 pm »
Hello there

Is there an option to disable crew boarding? With a full A320 cockpit, there's really no need for crew to board at all and really this should be an option in Settings and not down to individual developers to implement.

Happy to hear any workarounds also.

Cheers
Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ProSim A320 & GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 06:17:48 pm »
Is there an option to disable crew boarding? With a full A320 cockpit, there's really no need for crew to board at all and really this should be an option in Settings and not down to individual developers to implement.

Check page 66 of the GSX manual, the chapter named "Controlling Pilots and Crew", which indicates the variables used to control this. With a Full A320 cockpit, I'm sure you must be accustomed to using something like Linda or FSUIPC/LUA scripts, to set the variables the way you need.

AlphaTech

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 12:46:17 am »
Thank you Umberto

I'll take a look.

Paul

AlphaTech

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 01:51:01 am »
Umberto

Off topic slightly...is it possible to fix the amount of passengers perceived to be boarding. With ProSim it's irrelevant to loading, so it would be nice to be able to have a fixed number for visual representation, rather than GSX estimating the numbers or without having to set the specific number every time.

Paul

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 11:16:55 am »
First, you can disable GSX Estimate in the settings page, so GSX will ask you the number each time.

And, if you set the variable yourself, regardless if the estimate is enabled or not, GSX will always use the value of the variable.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 02:36:20 pm »
And, if you set the variable yourself, regardless if the estimate is enabled or not, GSX will always use the value of the variable.
Now I'm curious, how does one go about doing that. I'm looking at the manual, and although I see the variables that need to be set, I don't know enough about coding to be able to create a gauge to be able to set it. Assuming I want to set a passenger count of 314 for a Boeing 747-400.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2022, 07:05:56 pm »
Now I'm curious, how does one go about doing that. I'm looking at the manual, and although I see the variables that need to be set, I don't know enough about coding to be able to create a gauge to be able to set it. Assuming I want to set a passenger count of 314 for a Boeing 747-400

Your best options are either FSUIPC using LUA scripting, or Linda

https://www.mutleyshangar.com/reviews/bc/linda/linda.htm

Fragtality

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2022, 07:28:23 pm »
@Cpt. Kevin
Basically it is just one Lua-Line:
Code: [Select]
ipc.writeLvar("FSDT_GSX_NUMPASSENGERS", PAXNUM)which you would need to set before (De)Boarding is called (but to be safe after the current / selected Gate has activated).

Everything else depends on how you would prefer it to be executed. The easiest manual Way would be to bind such a one-liner Lua-Script via FSUIPC to Button or Key which you would need to press accordingly. (Registered Version of FSUIPC required)
Having it set automatically requires some continuous state tracking and evaluation. That's doable but complex if you aren't used to scripting/coding - but you can have a look at the gsx_auto Script I provided with the QualityWings Integration.

@AlphaTech
To not board the Crew, here what I use in my Tool to disable it:
Code: [Select]
FSUIPCConnection.WriteLVar("FSDT_GSX_PILOTS_NOT_BOARDING", 1);
FSUIPCConnection.WriteLVar("FSDT_GSX_CREW_NOT_BOARDING", 1);
FSUIPCConnection.WriteLVar("FSDT_GSX_PILOTS_NOT_DEBOARDING", 1);
FSUIPCConnection.WriteLVar("FSDT_GSX_CREW_NOT_DEBOARDING", 1);
FSUIPCConnection.WriteLVar("FSDT_GSX_NUMCREW", 0);
FSUIPCConnection.WriteLVar("FSDT_GSX_NUMPILOTS", 0);
That's directly from C# ... in FSUIPC Lua it would be
ipc.writeLvar("NAME", value)

Works great for me, but I hope I use it as intended  ;D