Author Topic: New FSDT installation  (Read 1389 times)

brucewtb

New FSDT installation
« on: February 17, 2022, 06:51:36 am »
With a new FSDT installation using the Universal Installer can you select which P3D simulator to install to?  I have both P3D4 and P3D5 but I only require FSDT products to be installed in P3D5 as P3D4 is only used for GA aircraft that have the F1 GTN750  (no longer supported in P3D5).  Thank you

Bruce

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: New FSDT installation
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 10:15:32 am »
The new Installer doesn't install anything in FSX or P3D, the "Install" function is only available for MSFS 2020, if you tried it, it would have told you so.

This is not a problem, since all FSX/P3D installer are always freely available on our site and they already do what you asking, the Install functionality was more important for MSFS 2020, because there we don't have a Trial version, so downloads were hosted by Digital River, and they have a fairly limited re-download policy of 30 days, unless you pay extra to buy a Download Protection from them, but even that one maxes out at 2 years, so we needed to fix this.

All the other functions are identical between MSFS and FSX or P3D, so you can still use it to Activate, Deactivate, Get your keys, read the manuals and, of course, keep the products Updated.

It's likely we'll add the Install functionality to FSX and P3D as well, but we don't have any release date now, because it's not urgent as it was for MSFS.

brucewtb

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 05:50:48 am »
Thank you.  Then I was mislead by other I'm sure well intended users who indicated that the problems I had with installing GSX might be fixed by using the new Universal installer.  I guess they hadn't tried it either, nevertheless  it looks like a good idea.  However it does install addon manager and seems to know all about the FSDT products I own and their activation status  - but it is a bit odd that it indicated everything is activated even though the only thing installed is the addon manager.

Bruce

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 11:14:24 am »
but it is a bit odd that it indicated everything is activated even though the only thing installed is the addon manager.

It's not odd, it absolutely normal, because the Activation status is completely unrelated to the Installation. The Activation is tied to your Windows install, not even the simulator install, it has always been like this in years, and the obvious benefit of this, is that you can Uninstall/Reinstall the FSDT product, but even the simulators they run in, an unlimited number of times, and never have to worry about reactivation.

So, you can have products which are Active, but not installed yet so, as soon you install them, they'll just work. Or you can have products that are Installed but not Active, so they'll run in TRIAL ( that's for FSX/P3D only, we don't have a Trial for MSFS, at least not yet )