Author Topic: The addon (unknown) is causing Couatl Scripting Engine to restart P3D v 5.2  (Read 4249 times)

dwc3402

In the last couple of days, since updating FSDT, im getting the attached error.

Im on the ground at UK2000 EGLL, with the FSLabs A321SL and ASN. I request fuel, catering, and passengers and continue setting up the aircraft, when the message pops up.

I request to save the log, to open and see what the issue is , but no log appears.

can you assist please

Thanks

Darren Crosby

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
If it's since a couple of days, it means you don't have the latest update. Run the FSDT Live Udpate, which fixed a crash problem when passenger stairs started to move.

dwc3402

Thanks for reply , Ive updated four (4) times today , between 1000hrs UK and 1800hrs Uk , still no better, sorry.

Where are the error logs found please.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Where are the error logs found please.

You must enable logging to have them. They appear in %APPDATA%\Virtuali but, it's not normal nothing would open when requested by the message.

dwc3402

Happened again tonight after updating FSDT. prior to starting the sim etc.

Ive attached the error log, pls can you advise.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Ok, we'll check this, because it's something different not covered by the latest fixes.

dwc3402

Thanks

dwc3402

Hi Umberto,

Appriciate its only been a few days, but is there any update pls

Many thanks

Darren

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Appriciate its only been a few days, but is there any update pls

We are not entirely sure why your error happened, but we do have possible fix we posted today on Live Update. Let me know if it happens again.

dwc3402

Updated vis FSDT tonight prior to starting sim. happened again. ive attached a new log. However this time coutar allowed me to restart.

thanks

Darren
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 09:39:57 pm by dwc3402 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The addon (unknown) is causing Couatl Scripting Engine to restart P3D v 5.2
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2022, 10:20:49 am »
Updated vis FSDT tonight prior to starting sim. happened again. ive attached a new log. However this time coutar allowed me to restart.

No, it hasn't happened again, you have a completely new error that doesn't have anything to do with the previous one. The error seems to indicate you had so many passenger visible on screen at the same time, that it managed to exceed the maximum number of audio resources allowed in the audio driver, which of course never happened to anybody in years.

However, you log show something strange, which is ANOTHER Add-on continuously setting the passenger number, as it was in a loop, which is obviously wrong, since the passenger number set by external Add-ons should be done only ONCE, before GSX needs it.

If that add-on is setting it in a loop, while passengers are being boarded, it's possible the boarding would never end and, in fact, your PREVIOUS error happened during an Exception handling, meaning something it should never normally happen, and it was made to prevent the "infinite" number of passengers, which would normally happen ONLY with some of our airports that have walkers inside the terminal walking forever so, to prevent they would exhaust resources, once they reach a certain number, no new people will spawn and the existing ones will walk forever, until you exist the airport.

So, it seems the real reason of both errors, is that some add-on is causing normal Boarding passengers ( which cannot be "infinite" by definition, since we know how they are ), by continuing to set their number in a loop, while the boarding is progressing, as if they were infinite.

Are you running some kind of automation script made by somebody for GSX ?

dwc3402

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2022, 01:46:30 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Not to my knowledge, no.

When using the P3D v5.2 I use the following programs

ASN
ASCA
FS2Crew (but dont use it on most flights now)
UGCX is installed (But I always use GSX)
Envdir
FSLabs A321 SL
FS Real Time
BAV Merlin
Volanta
Immersion manager
vPilot
ChasePlane
Navigraph Charts etc
GSX L2
Aivlasoft EFB 2

Please if you need anything else from me, let me know

Many thanks

Darren

« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 01:50:30 pm by dwc3402 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2022, 02:04:37 pm »
Try a default airplane. Your log clearly shows another add-on is setting the number of passengers constantly, as if was in a loop.

dwc3402

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2022, 05:50:27 pm »
Hi Umberto,

What I have found out so far, is when Ive flown from other airports, NOT EGLL, everything worksd ok.

Ive flown out of EDDM, EGKK etc and no issues at all.

Could it be an issue only at EGLL

thanks

Darren

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2022, 07:19:01 pm »
Could it be an issue only at EGLL

The only thing that can possibly set a the passenger number variable that way it's an addon with some code. Can't be related to a particular scenery.