Author Topic: Ok/Apply button not working **SOLVED**  (Read 2605 times)

airbadger

Ok/Apply button not working **SOLVED**
« on: February 13, 2022, 01:39:15 pm »
Another issue I'm seeing since the latest patch. Sometimes the Ok/Apply buttons in Settings and GSX position customization doesn't work. They might work fine the first time you change a setting in a session but subsequently stops working if you try to change a setting again. Restarting couatl does not fix it.

https://streamable.com/yr7ym7

« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 09:19:36 pm by virtuali »

krouner

Re: Ok/Apply button not working
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 11:58:59 pm »
I, too, am having issues now with the apply button not working when working in GSX adjusting jetways, vehicles, etc. This is at all airports.

KRouner

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 12:08:38 am »
Strange, I can't replicate this.

Do you have logging enabled ? If yes, when this happens, exit the sim and check the Couatl.LOG in %APPDATA%\Virtuali and see if there are any errors there. If yes, ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post so I can check it.

ArslanTuregun

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 09:41:55 am »
Hi,
I too have the APPLY button problem.
I will try to add a screenshot describing the problem but anyway.
For example when I try to exclude jetways, I select all with jetways, then click on exclude. When I press APLLY nothing happens. On the GSX Level 2 Control Panel , exclude jobs is empty. If I click the filter parkings button second time, APPLY button goes grey but still nothing happens on the control panel side. This also happens if I try to create a walk in.

I also would like to know if there is a possibility for me to go back the software before update?

A slightly off topic issue is the "universal installer". When I try to click on UPDATE button the program does the update but then it still shows "UPDATE 1 SELECTED".

Regards
Arslan Türegün

Matty260191

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 11:06:02 am »
Dame problem here. Apply does nothing the jetways dons even appear.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2022, 11:37:30 am »
I too have the APPLY button problem. I will try to add a screenshot describing the problem but anyway. For example when I try to exclude jetways, I select all with jetways, then click on exclude. When I press APLLY nothing happens.

Yes, I can see the error in your log and I can replicate it too, so it will surely fixed soon.

I couldn't replicate the one shown in the video from airbadger, where he was editing the Settings page, your issue is the scenery editor page.

I also would like to know if there is a possibility for me to go back the software before update?

Only if you have a previous installer, and install it by disconnecting the network. This question always come up when we have a new update, then in a couple of days, when we fixed all the updates, nobody wants the old version anymore. The version you want to go back to, is the one some people wanted to rollback, when it came out...

A slightly off topic issue is the "universal installer". When I try to click on UPDATE button the program does the update but then it still shows "UPDATE 1 SELECTED".

That's how it's supposed to be.

That button is only telling you how many products WILL be updated WHEN you Press the Update button, and the number it's the number of products selected in the grid, because you can do a multiple selection by CTRL+Clicking the various products, so the number it's useful to let you know that, in case you press the update button, how many products will be updated.

That's why there's an "Update ALL" button as well, which will update all products regardless how many you have selected.

ArslanTuregun

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2022, 11:50:25 am »
Thanks for the reply Umberto.

I can wait till it is fixed, no problem.

Regards
Arslan Türegün

krouner

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2022, 12:30:35 pm »
My log does not show any errors Umberto but the problem still exists.

KRouner

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2022, 12:33:47 pm »
My log does not show any errors Umberto but the problem still exists.

Do you have logging enabled ?

krouner

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2022, 09:38:41 pm »
Yes, I do.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2022, 10:52:08 pm »
Yes, I do.

Your log doesn't seem to come from a session in which you had that problem with the dialog. If you restart Couatl, a new log will be created, overwriting the one from the previous session, which might have contained the error. Try again, but be sure you don't restart when you see the error.

krouner

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2022, 04:52:24 pm »
I deleted the log then started everything up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2022, 05:08:07 pm »
I deleted the log then started everything up.

Your log shows you don't have the latest update

couatl v4.0 (build 4612)

The latest version is 4642 which, as confirmed by this user:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25996.msg170553.html#msg170553

Should fix the problem with the Apply button.

krouner

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2022, 08:56:56 pm »
That worked. I ran the update yesterday as it was the first time I saw the new update window but it did not fix. Don't know why when running today it worked but glad it's fixed.

Thanks for your help!

KRouner