Author Topic: GSX disappeared after latest update  (Read 1908 times)

ArslanTuregun

GSX disappeared after latest update
« on: February 12, 2022, 10:48:15 pm »
Hi,
I am running P3D v5.3 HF1. Just today I have updated (or at least I thought so) via FSDT  Live Update.
Updater seemed different (a lot more colorful) and it did something then disappeared after a few minutes. Old updater was waiting for me to click on CLOSE.
I have started the sim and went to the airport where I last landed (GSX was working fine), via Ctrl+F12 I called GSX, the menu came but it didn't work.
I have tried the update again but this time it didn't work.
So I have uninstalled everything and re installed again. Rebooted. Tried to run the Live Update but it didn't work.
I have launched the sim while the windows 10 task manager is on, I could see the couatl scripting engine for FSX/ESP until the scenario screen comes on, then it disappeared.
When I tried to re register via addon manager it obviously came back with error "couatl hasn't started".

I am on Windows 10. Up to date (last check 13/02/2022 and is up to date).
No antivirus installed.
Virus Threat Protection is disabled.
Firewall is disabled both on modem and on windows 10.
I always run programs as administrator.

What else should I check?

Regards.
Arslan Türegün

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX disappeared after latest update
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 02:11:20 am »
Updater seemed different (a lot more colorful) and it did something then disappeared after a few minutes. Old updater was waiting for me to click on CLOSE.

As explained in several other threads, this is entirely normal. What would be the point of having you to do an extra click on Exit, when the program finished anyway ? We saved you that extra click, by exiting automatically at the end of the update.

I have tried the update again but this time it didn't work. So I have uninstalled everything and re installed again. Rebooted. Tried to run the Live Update but it didn't work.

Always check if there is another thread that might relate to your problem before opening a new one. If you had, you would have noticed this thread named "FSDT Live Update not launching", where some user reported the issue has been fixed by running the new Universal Installer.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25943.msg170305.html#msg170305

ArslanTuregun

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 10:07:23 am »
Thank you for the answers.

About the new updater. I didn't write the program, so I can not know if it should ask me to click or exits itself. By the way when it exits it is on 2%.

I have tried the solution offered on the other thread but unfortunatelly the problem still is there. No biggie though.

Thanks again.
Arslan Türegün

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 11:09:32 am »
About the new updater. I didn't write the program, so I can not know if it should ask me to click or exits itself.

And it's precisely why you didn't write the program, which you shouldn't assume something is a bug, just because the new version behaves a bit different, in a logical way.

Do you think it was useful, where the program was done and didn't any anything else to do, making you clicking to Exit, when the only thing you are supposed to do at that time is...Exit ? So, it now exits for you, saving you an useless click.

By the way when it exits it is on 2%.

2% of what ? There are 3 different progress bars there.

I have tried the solution offered on the other thread but unfortunatelly the problem still is there. No biggie though.

You can log the startup this way:

- open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case L and a capital F )

- Save the file as couatl.ini in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder

- Run the sim, then exit after the error appears.

- Check your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if there's a Couatl.LOG file there, post its content

- DO NOT copy the file in a message, but use the "Attach" function of the forum to ZIP the log file and Attach it to a post.

ArslanTuregun

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 12:28:41 pm »
Hi,
First of all, I have never said or assumed that there is a bug. I just thought it behaved differently than previous versions.

2% of what ? There are 3 different progress bars there.
2% of the top progress bar. I am not sure if the rest 98% is so small that goes very fast.

Weird enough, after I have written the ini file you have suggested GSX came back.

Regards
Arslan Türegün