Author Topic: Jetways Not Moving  (Read 2403 times)

Jujoloma

Jetways Not Moving
« on: January 27, 2022, 01:57:56 am »
Hello!
Yesterday I wanted to do a flight in my FSX:SE with an Aerosoft A320 from SKBO to SKCL (Both Airports with default FSX. Just an addon to alterate SKCL's altitude because of mesh.). When I started my flight and started the boarding procedures on the GSX menu, the jetways didn't move. (I have the expansion for GSX). The weird thing was that the sound of the alarm for moving operations did sound (The beep that sounds when activating a jetway). Also, the other vehicles did move, but as I alredy said the jetways didn't moved. I alredy tried to update with the FSDT Live Update program, I also tried reinstaling GSX, but non of these worked. I would really like to set this to work again. I'll be waiting for help and I will provide any information that I could have missed above.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways Not Moving
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 10:32:04 pm »
Another user posted something similar here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25883.msg169791.html#msg169791

See if that applies to you as well.

Jujoloma

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 11:25:44 pm »
Hi!
Thanks for answeing, but I alredy tried to do the camera trick described and it didn't work. So, could you please help me?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 11:30:36 pm »
GSX is not controlling the jetway animation, SODE does so, you might try uninstalling/reinstalling SODE:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?wpdmpro=sode-v1-7-1

Also, check with the SODE Platform Manager if it's correctly registered in the sim.

Jujoloma

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 04:44:56 pm »
Hello.

Thanks for your help. It did work, but now I have another problem. When I was about to start my flight at SKCL (The airport is completely default except I have a mod to change the altitude so that it can pair the mesh) the ground vehicles worked, but the jetway is completely invisible as well as the parking system (I set a wall-mounted mirror). What can I do to repair this? If I missed any information I will provide it as soon as posible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 05:13:25 pm »
Please clarify if you have the same problem on another airport, before you start any customization with GSX.

Jujoloma

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 02:18:34 am »
Thanks for your answer. The problem occurs only at SKCL, but I think I found out why. The thing is that I installed the ORBX open SA mesh, and it generated an elevation issue at SKCL. I searched on a ORBX forum and found a solution. I downloaded some terrain updated for that airport, this solved the terrain problem. Going back to the jetway problem, when I deactivate both the terrain update and the mesh, the jetways appear, so I think that the GSX cache may have an assigned "Y" coordinate for the jetways when there is no scenery and terrain modifications.

This is where I found the terrain updates for SKCL:
https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/201432-skcl-cali-airport-airport-elevation-issues/?tab=comments#comment-1720233

If any other information needed I'll answer as quick as possible.
Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2022, 11:44:58 am »
Whenever you have any issues with elevation conflict in sceneries, you can use the small icon on the top right of the GSX parking customization page, which says "ground elevation", which will read the current elevation from the airplane you are in.