Author Topic: FSDT Live Updater keeps crashing  (Read 14318 times)

neokles

Re: FSDT Live Updater keeps crashing
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2022, 06:12:51 pm »
but as usual
I did this steps already. Just woke up with this problem, something triggered a different behaviour this time and since there is an updated version there is a good chance that the installer now works differently. Before investing more time to debug everything else can I have some help?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2022, 06:24:32 pm »
Just woke up with this problem, something triggered a different behaviour this time and since there is an updated version there is a good chance that the installer now works differently. Before investing more time to debug everything else can I have some help?

We had an update today but, of course, every update is tested. Please describe exactly what's happening:

- Have you installed the Universal Installer ?

- Are you starting from the FSDT Update icon or from the FSDT Installer icon ?

- What's happening, exactly ? Do you see errors ? If yes, which ones ? If yes, when ?

- Does the problem happens in Update mode, in Install mode, or both ?

neokles

« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2022, 06:36:02 pm »
When I use the Live update it dissapears on Step1 You can see a screenshot on my first message

Universal (FSDT Installer) doesn't say much as well. It vanishes at the same step with the updater.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2022, 10:00:29 pm »
When I use the Live update it dissapears on Step1 You can see a screenshot on my first message

Ok, now that you edited it after my post, I can see the screenshot.

Universal (FSDT Installer) doesn't say much as well. It vanishes at the same step with the updater.

If that's the exact steps, looks like it's stopping in the only part that is not our code: is running the official MS Visual Studio Redistributable installer from the temporary folder.

This is highly suspicious of being caused by the antivirus: they monitor the Windows temporary folder so, even excluding the Addon Manager folder won't help in this case, since it's blocking the Temp folder instead.

Try this:

- Use the Windows built-in function to remove temporary files:

https://pureinfotech.com/remove-temporary-files-windows-10/

- Restart Windows

- Try again

Rehnn

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2022, 06:14:56 pm »
This seems to have crept back in with the latest updates from FSDT - the Updatedr gets about half-way through updating everything and then closes itself.

The fixes from last time don't seem to be working this time (even a complete re-install of GSX)
-Ben
No charge is made for any work herein distributed, however donations are always welcome.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2022, 07:26:20 pm »
This seems to have crept back in with the latest updates from FSDT - the Updatedr gets about half-way through updating everything and then closes itself.

You haven't said how you started it.

If you start it as an updater, meaning you start it from the "FSDT Live Update" icon, it WILL automatically close after updating everything that needs to be updated. The only case in which the updater will complete ALL steps, is if you have ALL FSDT products installed, otherwise it will just skip the ones you don't have.

If, instead, you start it as an installer, meaning you start it from the "FSDT Installer" icon, it won't automatically close, because it's waiting for your input to know what to do and won't exit automatically.

Derek

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2022, 03:48:23 pm »
If i start from the FSDT installer it constantly say I have UPDATE 1 Selected even after a UPDATE ALL, why is this? I have MS2020 and P3dV4 products both not on hide

regards

Derek

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2022, 05:17:31 pm »
If i start from the FSDT installer it constantly say I have UPDATE 1 Selected even after a UPDATE ALL, why is this? I have MS2020 and P3dV4 products both not on hide

I don't understand what your problem is.

After you do an "update all", when it's done (again, updating ONLY the products you have installed, that's what "all" means, it wouldn't make any sense updating something which is not there ), it will go back to the default situation, which is the first product on the list selected ( that's what "1" means ), because now it's waiting for you to do something else.

That's because the product list can use multi-selection, so if you select more than one product, the "Update 1" button will change, showing how many products you have selected, and will be checked for update IF you press the Update (x) button.