Author Topic: Large Gate/Ramp for "Heavy" Aircraft  (Read 11396 times)

TonyP

Large Gate/Ramp for "Heavy" Aircraft
« on: January 12, 2010, 09:58:58 pm »
I'm starting my flight from KJFK to London Heathrow.  FSX doesn't seem to have any designations for an origination at a "Heavy" Gate/Ramp.  So I selected Large, I'm flying a new addon aircraft, a CLS 767, that I just downloaded today attempting to start at Ramp 31 which is designated as a "large" ramp, I don't see any gates, only ramps available as a start at KJFK. When I open my outside view window, the 767 has it's nose through what I believe is a concrete barrier, tail area of my plane is blocked by another aircraft. I'm also using MyTraffic 2010 as an addon with the CLS 767 addon.  What are my options in this senario?  I don't believe that I can leave KJFK without crashing into the barrier, or the plane by my tail.

Am I limited to using only stock FSX commerical aircraft within the KJFK scenery? 
Are there any other ramps that can handle an addon Heavy?
Are there gates rather than ramps available for KJFK as an origination point?

Tony

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Large Gate/Ramp for "Heavy" Aircraft
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 11:21:56 pm »
The gate designation doesn't really affect your airplane, it's used by the AI, and by FSX to have the parking populated by its own ground vehicles.

Since we have our own custom ground vehicles, and the default ones are very fps heavy, the parking are flagged as Ramp, so default ground vehicles will not appear.

Since the parking stands have AI airline codes and, since most users have addon AI traffic package anyway, the AI will still park correctly, without to rely on the parking designation.

So, both issues are not a problem.

About the "concrete barrier", that's just because, out of the 200+ parkings available at JFK, you chose the only ones that are actually closed for renovations, that's why there's a concrete barrier so, you are of course free to choose from all the remaining ones. There are plenty of heavy parkings available, the name doesn't really matter, what matters is the actual parking radius, and they are set correctly.

Just pay attention that, the actual numbering standard used is different from real life, because Flight sim numbering can't handle situation like at JFK with its naming convention (like having a terminal 5, Parkings from A1 to Axx and B1 to Bxx, for example ) so, you can use the ParkMe menu to see how the AFCAD naming is tied to the real world naming.

TonyP

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 01:53:44 am »
Umberto, I don't seem to have the Park Me program loaded, when going to my Addon Mgr. Top Line menu, I have the Download Mgr., and Couatl Products (the DownLoad Mgr. is ver. 2.7.0.16 which I believe is the lastest).  "Park Me" is listed when selecting FS DreamTeam but when clicking on it, it says "not available" the other options below are greyed-out (can't select) except for "Website".  When clicking on Website, I'm directed to the FS DreamTeam website which has several airport scenery products and XPOI but nothing for "Park Me".  How do I obtain "Park Me".  I thought it may have magically loaded when I installed my airport scenery products, did a Ctrl+Shift+P but nothing happened, guess I don't have "Park Me" on my computer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 10:10:16 am »
Umberto, I don't seem to have the Park Me program loaded, when going to my Addon Mgr. Top Line menu

It's not supposed to be there, because it doesn't have its own menu.

"Park Me" is listed when selecting FS DreamTeam but when clicking on it, it says "not available"

This means it's installed correctly. "Not available" doesn't mean it's not available on your PC, it means it's not available for purchase, because it's already included in the sceneries.

I have the Download Mgr., and Couatl Products

If you have the Addon Manager and the Couatl products menus, it means everything is fine. Check under the "Couatl products" menu, under the key assignment, if you have an hotkey assigned to ParkMe.

TonyP

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 05:04:37 pm »
Umberto, have the Addon Manager and the Couatl-powered products menus in the FSX Top-Line Addon Menu.  All my Cloud9/FS DreamTeam Airport sceneries run fine.  When looking at the Key Mappings for the Couatl-powered products all I find is a mapping for Show YouControl Menu Ctrl+F12.

I don't know what Ctrl+F12 does for me, I performed that keystroke but nothing happened.  I do not have anything else in my Couatl-powered products addon menu.  Nothing, no Park Me is visable.

Tony

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 05:25:20 pm »
Check you have the following folder:

FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\ParkMe

If you don't have it, try to reinstall JFK

TonyP

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 07:51:16 pm »
Umberto, I'm attempting to re-install JFK by first uninstalling JFK using the Control Panel Uninstall feature.  I did that, and also removed the downloaded file that I previously obtained from the FS DreamTeam website.  I'm thinking if I need to re-install, I need t uninstall it first.  After removing JFK from my computer, I re-booted and opened FSX to see what the addon manager would show for JFK; to my surprise it shows that JFK is "Active", that it's still there??  

What should I do now, I thought I cleared/removed JFK from my computer.  Afterwards,  when selecting the scenery for JFK in FSX, I could see "Heavy" gates available and my CLS 767 is parked in a nice gate for a heavy with a jetway ramp nearby.  Not sure if this is the stock FSX scenery for JFK rather than FS DreamTeam, but "Heavy" gates are available, however the FS DreamTeam Adddon Manager has JFK as "Active" even though I thought it was removed?

Do I now, go to the FS DreamTeam website and download the JFK scenery and see what happens?  Please advise, thanks.

Tony
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 09:52:30 pm by TonyP »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 04:08:46 am »
After removing JFK from my computer, I re-booted and opened FSX to see what the addon manager would show for JFK; to my surprise it shows that JFK is "Active", that it's still there??  

That text refers to your ACTIVATION. Obviously, the activation is not lost if you simply uninstall the scenery. The only way to lose the activation, is to reinstall Windows.

What should I do now, I thought I cleared/removed JFK from my computer.

Yes you have. The provided Unistaller works.

Afterwards,  when selecting the scenery for JFK in FSX, I could see "Heavy" gates available and my CLS 767 is parked in a nice gate for a heavy with a jetway ramp nearby.  Not sure if this is the stock FSX scenery for JFK

Since you removed JFK, what you are seeing now it's the MS Default scenery.

Do I now, go to the FS DreamTeam website and download the JFK scenery and see what happens?  Please advise, thanks

As I've said, first try to just reinstall it, if still doesn't work, you might try downloading the installer again. Of course, it would make sense only if you downloaded a while ago.

TonyP

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 04:22:16 pm »
Umberto, success!!  Got ParkMe in the Couatl key mapping window.  Haven't tried it as yet because I'm already parked at a gate.  Can you tell me what Park Me does, when to activate it, etc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 05:50:38 pm »
Can you tell me what Park Me does, when to activate it, etc.

The manual, of course, which you can open from the Addon Manager menu.