Author Topic: Feature request, ability to set a default ULD livery.  (Read 1469 times)

Airmaz1

Feature request, ability to set a default ULD livery.
« on: December 30, 2021, 09:36:53 pm »
Hi, I had an idea today, apologies if it's already been suggested.

I've noticed that the ULD liveries are mixed up and randomized if you haven't set the atc_parking_codes= in the aircraft config.

Whilst I am perfectly capable of setting it, due to how many aircraft and liveries I own It can get tedious, so I would like a setting that enables me to set a ULD livery that is used by default if the above setting is not set, thus avoiding the randomized ULD liveries and getting a default one instead, IAG or MENZ for example.

For example if could be in the settings menu similar to the Virtual airlines override that lets you type in a particular livery that is used if the atc_parking_codes= isn't detected.

Example,   (Use as default if atc_parking_codes= isn't set)  [ Insert livery code here ] 

What do you think?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Feature request, ability to set a default ULD livery.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 09:43:29 am »
We assumed using random ULD when the airplane lacks an airline code was the most sensible choice as a default, so users would *SEE* several liveries, instead of always the same. That seems like a downgrade to me...

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2021, 10:21:11 am »
It would appear as though he is asking for it as an option, not something that's forced onto users.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2021, 01:59:32 pm »
It would appear as though he is asking for it as an option, not something that's forced onto users.

Of course I understood he asked as an option but, the more options we add, the more complex the program is, and the more difficult becomes to provide support for it.

Do you have any idea how many users complained (not necessarily here, lots of users use email for support ) of a "bug" in GSX, always showing the same operator, only to realize they enabled the "Airline Override" option without even realizing what it does ?

So, each time a new option is suggested, we must carefully think if it's really *that* useful, and how will affect the majority of users AND our support.

In this case, the only time in which might be useful, is while you are adding the proper codes to the aircraft.cfg file to airplanes that don't have one so, it would be a temporary option at best, waiting to replace it with what should be the best approach: having the proper codes in the aircraft.cfg, so ULD won't just be varied and not random, they will also be correct.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2021, 02:05:11 pm by virtuali »