Author Topic: GSX with Cargo planes  (Read 3245 times)

DjBricheta

GSX with Cargo planes
« on: November 10, 2021, 10:33:30 pm »
Hi there guys,

So I recently got a 747-400F from the guys at Fly Away Simulation and I have a few questions.

• The plane came with a bunch of loading ramps that are spawned automatically when the cargo doors are open (pictures here). Now, when loading cargo, the GSX ramps overlap the default ones. Is there a way to remove the default ones??
  • Even though the plane has default loading ramps, the GSX ones weren't automatically positioned properly so I had to custom edit them. ANy idea why and/or how to avoid this in the future?
  • Seeing as this plane has 4 cargo doors, is it possible to add another cargo door in GSX? I tried editing the custom config but that did not work.
  • I just saw that because I selected the front as Main Cargo, the containers slide to the left, because it thinks the door is located on the side (see here). Is there any way to fix this?

I am new to this GSX/FSX thing so any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 11:01:56 pm by DjBricheta »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX with Cargo planes
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 12:58:18 am »
A. If you pop open the Project Opensky utility panel, you can turn the aircraft's ground service equipment off.
B. I don't know if GSX has a configuration for the Project Opensky 747 by default. You may check here to see if one is available:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/board,51.0.html

Keep in mind that with the way Project Opensky's aircraft are set up, each plane has its own folder most likely, so you'd have to configure one for each one. Alternatively, if you already have one set up that you want to use, go to C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes, copy the one you want to use, paste it, and rename it to whatever your aircraft is called. So if the aircraft folder name is called "Boeing 747-400F Lufthansa Cargo", you want to name this folder "Boeing 747-400F Lufthansa Cargo."
C. GSX only has three. One main deck cargo loader and two lower deck cargo loaders.
D. Negative. You're trying to get it to do something it wasn't designed to do.
Captain Kevin

DjBricheta

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 07:21:54 am »
A. If you pop open the Project Opensky utility panel, you can turn the aircraft's ground service equipment off.
B. I don't know if GSX has a configuration for the Project Opensky 747 by default. You may check here to see if one is available:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/board,51.0.html

Keep in mind that with the way Project Opensky's aircraft are set up, each plane has its own folder most likely, so you'd have to configure one for each one. Alternatively, if you already have one set up that you want to use, go to C:\Users\(Your Username)\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes, copy the one you want to use, paste it, and rename it to whatever your aircraft is called. So if the aircraft folder name is called "Boeing 747-400F Lufthansa Cargo", you want to name this folder "Boeing 747-400F Lufthansa Cargo."
C. GSX only has three. One main deck cargo loader and two lower deck cargo loaders.
D. Negative. You're trying to get it to do something it wasn't designed to do.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I didn't even know the aircraft has a utility panel, so I'll definitely check it out.

I have an additional question, not related to GSX but related to the aircraft model. How complicated would it be to fiddle with the aircraft model in order to stop some doors from animating/change the hotkey of some doors. I'll leave 2 examples of what I want to achieve below, so you can get an idea.

My hotkey for door opening is DEL.
  • For this 747:
        DEL+1 opens main exit
        DEL+2 opens right side cargo doors
        DEL+3 opens the left side cargo door and the nose.
    Would it be possible to change the model/config in a way that the nose is not opened anymore?
  • For the default 737-800:
        DEL+1 opens front left exit
        DEL+2 opens the cargo doors
        DEL+3 opens the 2 right side exits and the back left exit
    Would it be possible to change the model/config in a way that DEL+1 would open both left side exits?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 10:49:09 am »
You can't do that since it's built into the model.
Captain Kevin

DjBricheta

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 10:58:32 am »
You can't do that since it's built into the model.

So it's impossible to edit the model to achieve this?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 11:46:30 am »
Not unless you have the source code for it, and you would be hard pressed to find any modeler actually giving it to you.
Captain Kevin

DjBricheta

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2021, 01:12:52 pm »
Not unless you have the source code for it, and you would be hard pressed to find any modeler actually giving it to you.

Damn, ok. I guess I'll have to live with that, haha.
Or find aircrafts with better animated doors.

Again, thanks a lot for your help.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 11:10:56 pm »
If you only have freeware, I'm afraid your options are limited. Project Opensky is the only one I know off the top of my head with a good quality freeware 747.
Captain Kevin

DjBricheta

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2021, 07:10:50 am »
If you only have freeware, I'm afraid your options are limited. Project Opensky is the only one I know off the top of my head with a good quality freeware 747.

Well, I only got freeware for now, because I wanted to get used to flying IFR and such. But I'm open to payware too, if the price is not too high.

Do you have any recommendations?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2021, 07:46:25 am »
Unfortunately, good payware aircraft isn't exactly cheap. I personally fly the PMDG Boeing 747-400, but it's quite expensive. That said, it is a full systems simulation, and I fly it often enough it's worth it.
Captain Kevin

DjBricheta

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2021, 08:30:14 am »
Unfortunately, good payware aircraft isn't exactly cheap. I personally fly the PMDG Boeing 747-400, but it's quite expensive. That said, it is a full systems simulation, and I fly it often enough it's worth it.

Damn. It is indeed expensive, haha.

Do you think I can find something in the range of 50$, with good systems simulation?

LukeK

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2021, 03:19:05 pm »