Author Topic: GSX only starts wits FSX default trike **SOLVED**  (Read 1363 times)

Eaglemotion

GSX only starts wits FSX default trike **SOLVED**
« on: October 23, 2021, 09:55:43 am »
Good morning :)

I'm using FSX Steam Edition (yes in 2021, I know) and I recently purchased GSX.

But for some reason GSX only works when loading a flight with the default FSX ultralight trike... and then only afterwards loading a different aircraft...

When I select a different aircraft (like the AS A321 or the PMDG 777) GSX does not work when loading in... (pressing ctrl-shift-f12 does not do anything and I also cannot see GSX or Couatl in the Add-ons menu)

Now in my belief I have done everything to ensure that GSX works fine:

- I have created an exclusion within my windows antivirus for the bglmanx.dll as well as the couatl.exe and the FSX folder itself
- I have ensured that couatl is enabled and properly set up in my exe.cfg and the bglmanx.dll as well in the dll.cfg

and as I said GSX works fine (most of the time) when I first load in with the default trike and then afterwards select the actual aircraft I want to fly...

I don't know if this is meant to be but it seems strange to me.

Help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Happy Landings :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 04:08:44 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX only starts wits FSX default trike
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 10:18:54 am »
- I have created an exclusion within my windows antivirus for the bglmanx.dll as well as the couatl.exe and the FSX folder itself

Which is not what we always suggest to do. What we suggest to do, instead, is to create an exception for the whole Addon Manager folder.

Also, switching an airplane triggers a restart and, on restart, the airport cache is rebuilt so, maybe the problem it's just the regeneration is taking a long time and, during this time, it's entirely normal GSX wont' respond to commands, since it's waiting for the airport cache to be ready.

The process can be speed up a lot, if you add to the antivirus exclusions all files that contains sceneries and, if you have some (or many) of them installed outside the main FSX folder, excluding the main FSX folder might not be enough to prevente the antivirus to stall the airport regeneration process.

Eaglemotion

Re: GSX only starts wits FSX default trike
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 02:06:28 pm »
Ok. I did as you told me and now it seems to be working! Thank you very much indeed.