Author Topic: GSX takes 800seconds to regen airport cache  (Read 1548 times)

Blu_ee

GSX takes 800seconds to regen airport cache
« on: October 23, 2021, 09:34:45 am »
Hello, every time I load up P3D, I usually have to wait 10-13mins just for GSX to finish the airport cache. Is there any fix other than to put all sceneries on an SSD? Thanks

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX takes 800seconds to regen airport cache
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 02:22:54 pm »
Make sure you set your anti-virus to exclude all the folders that your simulator and your sceneries are on.
Captain Kevin

Blu_ee

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2021, 02:37:12 pm »
I have set it to the main folder which is were most of my sceneries are. I'll try setting it to ones outside of the folder like aerosoft ones though, if it does not work, do you have another solution?

Blu_ee

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2021, 11:08:52 am »
Nothing happened even after adding everything to windows defender

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 10:45:58 pm »
First, you should always add the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions.

And, it's not possible you won't see any improvement after adding the scenery folders to the A/V Exclusions, the only possible reason for that is you have lots of sceneries in a folder you still haven't excluded. Check the Documents\Prepar3d Addons folder, some developers put the actual files there, instead of just the add-on.xml.

10-13 minutes is completely undehard of, unless your hard drive is extremely slow and/or you have an insane number of folders. But again, the difference between having the proper file exclusions (INCLUDING the Addon Manager), should be about 10x faster so, not possible not to notice.

Blu_ee

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2021, 12:46:49 am »
I've gone through every single file/folder that has any relation to GSX or sceneries and it's getting better. Took a long time but was worth it. Thank you!

Profs_72

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 10:15:21 am »
Another thing I would like to point out is that every time you add a new scenery to P3D, it will take a lot longer than normal. For me, after installing a new scenery, it can get up to 400 seconds, but from then on, will take 20 seconds until I install a new scenery. Make sure you’ve started a flight and waited for gsx to load up at least once before measuring how long it takes to regularly start.