Author Topic: How to batch set liveries in V5  (Read 2106 times)

wdylm

How to batch set liveries in V5
« on: October 18, 2021, 10:37:07 am »
Hi, after multi-liveries in V5 release, I can finally set it. But I wanna know whether there's a way to batch set liveries for different airports. For example, in V4 RTT scenario, we can edit couatl.icaoprefixes in rules_catering/rules_handling to set one logo for more than 1 airport, e.g. we can set ED for all the EDXX airports. But due to RTT disabled in V5 which is replaced by multi-liveries, I can only set logos for airport one by one in GSX menu. If there can be a method like RTT prefixes setting in multi-liveries, I will really appreciate it. Thanks !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to batch set liveries in V5
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 05:45:54 pm »
The best method to set operators for multiple airports has always been using the rules_handling file.

And, you should not edit the rules file in the Addon Manager\Texture folder but, instead, make a custom version in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Texture, otherwise every Live Update would revert your changes to default, that's why there's an extra set of files you can edit in %APPDATA%, which have an higher priority over the stock ones.

If your custom rules specify, for example, a list of airports for an operator, check if that ICAO code it's in use by another operator too, because depending on the case, you might want to either keep it or remove it.

wdylm

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 05:20:58 am »
Thanks Umberto, I will try. Btw, I have already set some airports by GSX menu which's stored in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, should I delete it first? Or if not which has the higher priority?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 10:21:54 pm »
Btw, I have already set some airports by GSX menu which's stored in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, should I delete it first? Or if not which has the higher priority?

Depends on what you have in those airport, and what your goal is.

If you customized the ground/catering/jetway operators in a GSX airport profile, that will override every other rule, regardless of where its located but, of course, instead of just removing it, it might be enough to select all gates, reset the operators to default, which will reset just that, without losing *other* customizations you might have done, like pushbacks, vehicle positions, stop positions, jetway models, etc.

wdylm

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 05:47:55 am »
Btw, I have already set some airports by GSX menu which's stored in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, should I delete it first? Or if not which has the higher priority?

Depends on what you have in those airport, and what your goal is.

If you customized the ground/catering/jetway operators in a GSX airport profile, that will override every other rule, regardless of where its located but, of course, instead of just removing it, it might be enough to select all gates, reset the operators to default, which will reset just that, without losing *other* customizations you might have done, like pushbacks, vehicle positions, stop positions, jetway models, etc.
Got it. And as you mentioned above about *other* customizations,  like pushbacks, baggage loader, etc., currently I edit texture.cfg and sim.cfg in PBR_P3D5 to customize them. If I use rules_handling file, is it no need to edit those .cfg file and only rules file is enough ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 06:58:32 am »
Got it. And as you mentioned above about *other* customizations,  like pushbacks, baggage loader, etc.

Why you say "other" ?

All GSX vehicles, except catering, are controlled by the rules_handling.cfg. Catering by rules_catering.cfg and jetways by rules_jetwaylogo.cfg so, you never configure each vehicle individually.

currently I edit texture.cfg and sim.cfg in PBR_P3D5 to customize them. If I use rules_handling file, is it no need to edit those .cfg file and only rules file is enough ?

You should never do that, only use the rules_handling file.

wdylm

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2021, 08:24:05 am »
Thank you!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 02:56:57 pm by virtuali »