Author Topic: GSX problem after update (FSX) **SOLVED**  (Read 8633 times)

joaoperalta

GSX problem after update (FSX) **SOLVED**
« on: September 10, 2021, 04:41:25 pm »
After upgrading yesterday from GSX to FSX SP2 when I am on the A320 from Aerosoft and I activate the GSX the panel lights start flashing I have to deactivate the GSX to stop :'(.
Please how can I solve this problem.

Joao Peralta
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 11:03:25 am by virtuali »

joaoperalta

Re: GSX problem after update (FSX)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 11:33:37 pm »
Please help me now I can't open GSX and it doesn't show up in FSX/Addons :'(

Joao Peralta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 11:51:31 pm »
Be sure you run the latest FSDT Live Update now, we had two updates yesterday and one today.

joaoperalta

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 12:47:14 am »
Ok Ok I'll do it. Thanks for the reply I will report back after the new update

Joao Peralta

joaoperalta

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 02:27:11 pm »
 I am desperate until now it had been fine after upgrate the gsx does not appear in the fsx

Joao Peralta
« Last Edit: September 11, 2021, 02:52:22 pm by joaoperalta »

joaoperalta

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 02:49:52 pm »
Sorry for my English I just did the gsx update I open fsx and now I don't see gsx :'(

Joao Peralta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 03:19:47 pm »
- Be sure you add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

joaoperalta

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 04:48:43 pm »
Thank you very much everything OK.
Thanks again for your help   :D

João Peralta

joaoperalta

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2021, 07:39:57 pm »
My God I do not know what to do help me today was to start a flight and once again the GSX did not appear I did the tip that you gave me yesterday and went ok today returned to the same was to antivirus and is there marked the exception what to do?   :'(

João Peralta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2021, 09:16:43 am »
If your problem is fixed after running the update, it's because either you configured FSX to run in a "Compatibility" mode, like XP or Vista or Windows 7 under Windows 10, etc, which shouldn't be done, since FSX runs just fine without those settings.

It's possible another add-on that is not completely compatible with the latest OS has forced the sim to enable Compatibility mode.

And, it's also possible that, if FSX crashed for any reason during the previous session,  Windows might have set some Compatibility flags in the registry ( which you won't see in the Compatibility page of the .exe properties ), to "help" you fix the crash.

Running the FSDT Live Update will reset to settings to their correct defaults so, if you can run GSX after the updater, it's because one of the above.

joaoperalta

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2021, 03:23:13 pm »
I have Windows 10 and the GSX has always worked if you look in my records I have the GSX since the first and never had any problem. This problem was after the update until then it worked very well without problems. I don't understand   ???

Joao Peralta

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2021, 05:12:07 pm »
I've based my reply based on your report. If GSX works, but it stops on a subsequent session, and it's fixed again after running the updater, the only possible reason is one related to one of those compatibility settings which are reset to their correct values by the updater.

Of course, I assume your antivirus is not interfering and you have correctly configured it to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder. A common problem with antivirus is a program that has been just updated will be considered dangerous until it has gained enough "reputation" ( some antivirus use a reputation score ), that's why you must be sure it's not interfering with the download and the normal workings of the program.

joaoperalta

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2021, 09:11:17 pm »
Well yesterday 14th September I did the LiveUpd again, I have done four flights so far all ok, except for that flickering of the A320 panel lights when the aircraft is being loaded both luggage and passengers but otherwise ok 

Joao Peralta

joaoperalta

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2021, 10:14:34 pm »
I did the last update four days ago and it stopped making the lights flicker, it has been going well, with a problem that I do not understand when I prepare a flight I start FSX it happens that sometimes GSX opens other times it does not even appear in the FSX menu I have to close everything and restart the PC what is going on?

Joao Peralta

willihn5

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2021, 05:35:51 pm »
Getting error message "The couatl scripting engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted.  Please run live update".  I ran the update but continue to get the same error message.  I am running FSX with scenery for LAX and DFW.  Also run FS2Crew.