Author Topic: GSX turning 77W into 77F cockpit **SOLVED**  (Read 11617 times)

Qantas747

GSX turning 77W into 77F cockpit **SOLVED**
« on: September 09, 2021, 08:37:24 am »
Hi,

After updating to the latest version of GSX, for some unknown reason my aircraft VC changes from the 77W to the 77F VC. Video here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GnhDLgKIlmtfadOW2P_AqNdmz2An0KxO/view?usp=sharing . Is the new update broken?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 06:32:25 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX turning 77W into 77F cockpit
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 10:36:30 am »
Your video is so blurred and cut parts, which is impossible to even being to understand what your problem is. Please use a proper video capture software and clearly explain what's happening and why you think it has anything to do with GSX.

Qantas747

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 11:20:45 am »
Okay, firstly you must be either sitting 50 meters away from your screen or you're not watching the video. It clearly shows the air conditioning panel changing to the 777F variant and the cockpit door also removes to a curtain once I select boarding using GSX. This started happening when I installed the new update from yesterday...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 11:28:37 am »
Okay, firstly you must be either sitting 50 meters away from your screen or you're not watching the video.

I don't know what you are trying to say here but, nothing in that video is "clear", not because I'm blind, but because I have no idea of what is happening and several menus are CUT OUT from the video so, I don't know what you are doing and, more importantly, your description of the problem was so vague, that I couldn't possibly know WHAT I need to look for.

It clearly shows the air conditioning panel changing to the 777F variant and the cockpit door also removes to a curtain once I select boarding using GSX. This started happening when I installed the new update from yesterday...

Sorry, but that's not very clear, at all. You are frantically selecting GSX menus and, because the video is cut, I can't see if there are messages on screen. So, again, make a video with a proper video capture software, try to be slower, and try to make it clear what's happening to the plane.

Qantas747

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 11:52:40 am »
Okay, here is a video recorded using shadow play. As shown in the video I selected deboarding and the issue still happens.  Note how its changing between panels from the 77W to the 77F. I used time accel to speed up the process. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ewbmbi2mCTS9RkrUZP-3dV4eUCMGHk_9/view?usp=sharing

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 12:37:32 pm »
Ok, now I understand. So, the next missing information from you would be:

- Which airplane is that, exactly ? Who made it ?

- Is already supported by GSX, or you made a configuration file for it ? A screenshot of the GSX airplane configuration page might be useful, together with the name of the airplane main folder, the one that contains the aircraft.cfg file.

Qantas747

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 12:45:22 pm »
Okay so I am using the PMDG 777-300ER. It only happens on the PMDG 777-300ER. The aircraft is supported by PMDG. I edited what containers go into the aircraft and changed the PALLETs that get loaded into the aircraft in the aircraft config page. Sorry I am a bit confused in what pictures you need. Just the one I attached?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 12:50:30 pm »
Yes, that's the picture, it's all default and the plane is supported by GSX internally. Are you able to recognize the exact moment in which the VC changes ?

Qantas747

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 01:14:18 pm »
Hi, the issue occurs when the first container/pallet gets loaded onto the loader machine.

Qantas747

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 01:16:55 pm »
Upon further researching all the affected cockpit parts in the PMDG virtual cockpit have the visibility condition "custom_vis_IsFreighter_01" So it seems GSX is triggering that variable when the first container is loaded on the loader machine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2021, 01:25:39 pm »
Upon further researching all the affected cockpit parts in the PMDG virtual cockpit have the visibility condition "custom_vis_IsFreighter_01" So it seems GSX is triggering that variable when the first container is loaded on the loader machine.

I can assure you nothing in GSX triggers that variable. The only PMDG variables used by GSX, are only used to read their status ( to know if doors are opened or closed ), but we never write anything on 3rd party airplanes.

Qantas747

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2021, 01:51:29 pm »
Okay so why is it when the container goes on the loader, it triggers that variable? Here is another video showing both views. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ywzii74miUk6bTg4DZz0Uyn9erUEN8Fu/view?usp=sharing

It clearly has to be GSX causing this.

VHEBN

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2021, 01:51:33 pm »
Hi Umberto, I can confirm I also have this issue, occuring only with GSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2021, 02:14:33 pm »
It clearly has to be GSX causing this.

That's not sure. What is sure, is that GSX doesn't contain any reference to that variable anywhere in its code, this is not really open to discussion.

But something like this is still possible with L: variables because, they way they work, they are linked to a numeric ID, which can change during the simulation, usually when the airplane model is changed, which triggers a complete GSX restarts so, it would be impossible to have a conflict between IDs, since all variables used by GSX are being registered again with the sim after a complete restart.

GSX always checks with the sim if an ID is already used, before trying to register one of its own L: variables it needs to write to, but every other add-on should do the same, to prevent these conflicts. We don't do it before *each* write, because we used lots of them for animations, and asking the sim if a variable ID is available continuously would likely cause stuttering in animations and, during those years GSX has been out, we never had any problems of conflicting variables with different names ( which can only be caused by conflicting IDs ).

In fact, so many 3rd party airplanes use a large number of custom variables for visibility or animation, if this was a problem in GSX, it should happen with every airplane, at least those that use custom L: variables.

Qantas747

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2021, 02:21:13 pm »
Well if it doesn't have anything to do with GSX, why does it occur after I've recently updated your program??? It was working fine and now its not. Sticking your head in the sand and saying no issues here, nothing needs to be fixed is really not the solution here.