Author Topic: Couatl engine process not closing after closing sim after new update.  (Read 2423 times)

Joseph1337

After new update gsx is not closing properly after closing simulator. This leads to not loading GSX module (in addons tab) during the next session. Therefore making gsx unuseable.
Walkaroud is to either kill couatl engine task in taskmanager (if it's showing) manually, and if it doesn't show up there then it is nessecessry to start updater which will make couatl engine process appear in task manager and then as earlier, kill process.

disco79stu

Re: Couatl engine process not closing after closing sim after new update.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 01:18:32 pm »
Same for me.
All part of the current cache problem of the latest update(s) described in several other threads I guess.
My workaround: 1. kill couatl64_P3D.exe manually (or make sure it's not running). 2. Delete "Couatl" folder inside ProgramData/Virtuali. 3. run P3D
That works for me for now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 01:40:16 pm »
This has been discussed in another thread and, it should be fixed in the latest update.

Joseph1337

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 03:29:55 pm »
How to download this update? Tried via updater and it didn't fixed an issue with disappeaaring GSX process. When I tried to reinstall gsx, update wan't mention in the changelog of the installer.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2021, 03:36:14 pm »
How to download this update?

With the FSDT Live Update, of course.

Tried via updater and it didn't fixed an issue with disappeaaring GSX process.

Have you read the linked thread, which explain you must still delete the airport cache (until we'll release a more complete fix ), which has also posted as a workaround by disco79stu in this very thready, the post above yours ?

When I tried to reinstall gsx, update wan't mention in the changelog of the installer.

Because the update release notes are read from the "Live Update" menu inside the sim.

RonaldoAlvesBR

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2021, 11:53:58 pm »
Did a new update come out today?
Here the GSX keeps disappearing from the Sim menu after the second time it is opened. All this after yesterday's update, v2.9.4.

If it hasn't gone out, because I ran Live Update here and nothing has changed, do you already have any predictions to fix it?

Thanks.

How to download this update?

With the FSDT Live Update, of course.

Tried via updater and it didn't fixed an issue with disappeaaring GSX process.

Have you read the linked thread, which explain you must still delete the airport cache (until we'll release a more complete fix ), which has also posted as a workaround by disco79stu in this very thready, the post above yours ?

When I tried to reinstall gsx, update wan't mention in the changelog of the installer.

Because the update release notes are read from the "Live Update" menu inside the sim.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 03:48:57 am »
Did a new update come out today?
Here the GSX keeps disappearing from the Sim menu after the second time it is opened. All this after yesterday's update, v2.9.4.

If it hasn't gone out, because I ran Live Update here and nothing has changed, do you already have any predictions to fix it?
Start from this post and read below it.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25475.msg167584.html#msg167584
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 11:22:05 am »
Yes, a new update came today.

With "Today", I mean now. This version now automatically refresh the cache at each start so, everything you read in the linked thread about having to do it manually or create a batch file, is no longer required.

Just run the FSDT Live Update NOW ( meaning, after the time/date of this post )