Author Topic: After 2.94 update no GSX/Couatl in Add-On menu  (Read 3028 times)

mikealpha

After 2.94 update no GSX/Couatl in Add-On menu
« on: September 07, 2021, 05:42:28 pm »
After updating to 2.94, neither GSX nor Couatl appear in my Add-On Menu anymore.  At the first start after update, they were there,  but the GSX menu was empty. So I rebooted and ran the Live Updater a second time again. Now both don't appear anymore in Add-Ons menu

There is no virus scanner installed on this system.

Any suggestions ?

Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: After 2.94 update no GSX/Couatl in Add-On menu
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 05:44:33 pm »

mikealpha

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 06:06:21 pm »
Already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25476.0.html

Not really, I get this with FSLabs A320 , not with any F35.

After one more reboot, Couatl and GSX are back in Add-Ons menu again, but GSX menu (Shift-CTRL-F12) still does not start. GSX and GSX 2 Expansion are listed as active in the Addon Manager. I tried to restart Couatl without success.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 06:10:40 pm »
After one more reboot, Couatl and GSX are back in Add-Ons menu again, but GSX menu (Shift-CTRL-F12) still does not start. GSX and GSX 2 Expansion are listed as active in the Addon Manager. I tried to restart Couatl without success.

As asked in other threads as well: do you see the "Airport cache loaded successfully" message at start ?

mikealpha

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 06:36:39 pm »

As asked in other threads as well: do you see the "Airport cache loaded successfully" message at start ?

Yes, I even did "Restart Couatl and rebuild airport cache" and it came back with successful after a few seconds.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 06:48:04 pm »
Yes, I even did "Restart Couatl and rebuild airport cache" and it came back with successful after a few seconds.

You don't say if it works, after you see the "successful" message.

Note that, due to the increase in the number of SimObjects ( because of the multi-liveries ), and of course depending on your system speed, AFTER it has printed the "successful" message, it might still take a while, because it might create the object cache, which is different than the airport cache. The model cache is recreated each time you run the FSDT Live Update, otherwise it never changes.

IF you try to start GSX from the menu before the model cache is ready, it's likely it will become "stuck" but, since there's no separate message to let you know the object cache is ready too, it's best to wait a bit after the "airport cache successful" message before calling the menu.

If you are on an airport with GSX jetways, you can use the appearance of jetways as a cue GSX is ready.

mikealpha

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 06:57:52 pm »
It works now, after changing to another airport and do  "restart couatl and rebuild airport cache" again. Very weird to say the least ...

mikealpha

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2021, 09:47:37 am »
Celebrated too early.

After regularly terminating P3D yesterday, I started PC and P3D this morning, and GSX does not appear in Add-On menu. Looking in Addon Manager, I see GSX in trial mode (which was not the case yesterday).  
"Restart Couatl and rebuild airport cache" doesn't come back with successful anymore.

This update has seriously screwed up something.

EDIT: Even after registering serial again, GSX remains in Trial mode
Tried running Live Updater again, no change.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 10:19:40 am by mikealpha »

disco79stu

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2021, 10:24:29 am »
This is a bug that starts surfacing for several users now, the forum holds several threads about this issue with different discriptions.

Apparently there is some issue with the cache folders, FSDT is working on a temporary workaround and hopefully on a permanent fix.

For now, try to delete the "Couatl" folder inside \ProgramData\Virtuali before every time you start P3D, see if that helps.

mikealpha

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2021, 10:30:51 am »
Apparently there is some issue with the cache folders, FSDT is working on a temporary workaround and hopefully on a permanent fix.

For now, try to delete the "Couatl" folder inside \ProgramData\Virtuali before every time you start P3D, see if that helps.

That helps, thanks for the info !