Author Topic: Couatl scripting engine - unrecoverable error  (Read 13002 times)

Flyboyaz

Re: Couatl scripting engine - unrecoverable error
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2021, 07:38:32 pm »
Same with me. I've tried it at a couple of different airports. I even uninstalled and reinstalled GSX and still the issue. I get the airport cache loaded successfully message but then it keeps going back to "The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted. Please run Live Update".

Here is my error log:

couatl v4.0 (build 4579)
panic log started on Tue Sep  7 13:32:49 2021

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'KLAX', 'User Pos': (33.94095955197128, -118.40633390379861, 42.8845 m, 4.48049 m, 281.0328703767474, 0.003121366025879979, -0.0, -0.0001795659855255106, 4.572, 1.0)}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2021, 07:39:43 pm »
Here is my error log:

That's not the detailed log, which doesn't help me much, you need to enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings to see it.

Flyboyaz

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2021, 07:56:12 pm »
Ok here you go

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2021, 07:59:33 pm »
I think the problem might be the custom profile you have for KLAX. Try to remove it.

Aumkem

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2021, 08:09:09 pm »
Ok back to you ,
Yes the issue come from the custom profile , after delete it , GSX is working now
Any chance to fix it or we need to redo  all our profiles ?
Thanks

Flyboyaz

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2021, 08:10:10 pm »
Yes that fixed mine too. I appreciate your help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2021, 08:11:48 pm »

That profile must have some kind problem, please post it or send it to me using the support email. Zipped, please.

Flyboyaz

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2021, 08:17:44 pm »

That profile must have some kind problem, please post it or send it to me using the support email. Zipped, please.

Here is mine.

Aumkem

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2021, 08:59:10 pm »
Dear Umberto
Here is my profiles (working since 3 years on P3DV4 and P3DV5)

Thanks for the help

Best regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2021, 10:13:02 pm »
No need to send any more profile, I think I know what's happening.

You are using profiles made with a fairly old version of the editor, one that saved "None" as the name of the jetway logo, if no logo was assigned. Recent versions of the editor don't do that anymore, but profiles made for it will cause the error ONLY with the new version, which introduced multi-liveries with P3D V5.

Before the update, it was just ignoring logos, and if that profile was used with P3D V4, it would have just failed silently to create a non-existing "None.DDS" texture, which showed no logo, which was in fact the expected result. Now, it's trying to find an object for an operator called "None", which doesn't exists, causing the error. I guess that profile wouldn't have worked in FSX or P3D3 either.

Yes, of course, we need to recognize this case to handle old .INI files to ignore that but, in the meantime, you should be able to fix it by doing as follows:

- Open the .INI file with a text editor.

- Do a Search & Replace and Search this string:

jetway_logo = None

and replace it with:

jetway_logo =

Save the file and it should be ok.

bartel11

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2021, 11:02:43 pm »
Same Error. Addon manager folder is on the exclude list. Using a GSX configured aircraft, PMDG NGXu, at KORD with the default profile. Please see attached log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2021, 11:06:07 pm »
Same Error. Addon manager folder is on the exclude list. Using a GSX configured aircraft, PMDG NGXu, at KORD with the default profile. Please see attached log.

Have you read my last post, which started with:

"No need to send any more profile, I think I know what's happening."

And continued with an explanation of what is likely happening, and a suggestion what to do, until we come up with a proper fix ?

bartel11

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2021, 12:13:35 am »
Apologies for giving you more data.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2021, 12:32:16 am »
Apologies for giving you more data.

Actually, I had a look at your log anyway and I'm not sure the issue is exactly the same, because the object FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_2_5_LOGO_UA definitely exists, if you installed the upgrade.

Are you possibly using some kind of external utility that manages the add-on.xml ? The updater needs to update it with the additional path of the new liveries so, for any reason the add-on.xml is restored to a previous version ( which should only happen when using external managers ), it will surely fail, since the new Simobject folder is not active in the sim with the old add-on.xml.

Check your Documents\Prepar3d v5 addons\Fsdreamteam Addon Manager\add-on.xml and see if it contains these lines:

<AddOn.Component>
    <Category>SimObjects</Category>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\PBR_P3D5</Path>
</AddOn.Component>

They should be added by the FSDT Live Update. If they aren't there, try running it again, and check if they are added. If they are, the error should go away so, in that case, you'll have to check if another utility has altered the add-on.xml ( possibly restoring it from its own backup ) to a state BEFORE the update, when that path was missing.

bwbriscoe

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2021, 01:37:31 am »
I've read these posts and I'm still confused. At Drzewiecki Design KJFK  I get an error message as it loads up "The Couatl Scripting Engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted. Please run Live Update" I've run live update twice and nothing is working. I currently have the following at KJFK which was FINE until your update. https://imgur.com/dihIdBL How do I get jetways back now??