Author Topic: After today's update, GSX won't run and all products in trial mode  (Read 10250 times)

perfectflight

Re: After today's update, GSX won't run and all products in trial mode
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2021, 10:29:51 pm »
i have exactly the same problems!

nothing works since the update

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2021, 10:34:15 pm »
nothing works since the update

Saying "nothing works" is probably the least useful comment one could offer, especially at the end of a long thread which has so many discussions and suggestions and, if you read the latest posts, it seems that, for those affected, removing the airport cache folder:

C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

Before starting the sim, seems to solve the problem.

Please make subsequent posts on this thread ONLY if the above (TEMPORARY, until we find a fix!!) solution doesn't work.

nthabti

• My little FS hub
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2021, 12:51:06 am »
Same problem here. Even if I delete the Couatl folder before start, as soon as I change aircrafts, GSX disppears from the menu and is not usable anymore.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 12:56:07 am by nthabti »
Nizar Thabti

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2021, 12:57:42 am »
Same problem here. Even if I delete the Coatl folder before start, as soon as I change aircrafts, GSX disppears from the menu and is not usable anymore.

This is known, every "normal" restart, which is any one that doesn't rebuild the cache, seems to not work ( for all affected users of course, I still cannot replicate it ) so, more than a problem of restarting, it seems a problem of loading the airport cache if it exists. I think if you start a session correctly, you can choose "Restart and rebuild cache" as many times you want, it will always work.

I still cannot replicate it but, I've seen it on an user system in a remote session. Assuming we cannot find the real reason, we might release a temporary fix ( tomorrow, since it's 00:55 here now ), that would always rebuild the cache, regardless of the restart, which would at least work as a temporary solution until we find the cause.

richbonneau

« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2021, 01:18:34 am »

I still cannot replicate it but, I've seen it on an user system in a remote session. Assuming we cannot find the real reason, we might release a temporary fix ( tomorrow, since it's 00:55 here now ), that would always rebuild the cache, regardless of the restart, which would at least work as a temporary solution until we find the cause.

Thanks for your efforts, Umberto!

Rich

gvert

« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2021, 02:48:30 pm »
Same issue on my side. All prducts went into Trial Mode and GSX only shows up under Add-Ons, if I delete the cache before starting the sim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2021, 02:57:24 pm »
Same issue on my side. All prducts went into Trial Mode and GSX only shows up under Add-Ons, if I delete the cache before starting the sim.

Already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25475.msg167604.html#msg167604

richbonneau

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2021, 04:01:25 pm »
Hi Umberto,
I assume the changes to always refresh the cache in the FSDT Live Update have been pushed. 
I did the update but I'm still having the same issue.

My /program data/virtuali folder is not regenerated when starting a new session.

I'm happy to continue with the workaround of deleting the folder with a BAT file, but I just wanted to let you know that I continue to have the same issue even after running FSDT Live Update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2021, 04:04:12 pm »
My /program data/virtuali folder is not regenerated when starting a new session.

Have you read the linked thread I've posted just before your post ? It explains why the fix ( as indicated in the release notes as well ), only fixes RE-STARTS, which are all those cases in which you have a restart during a session. It doesn't fix the normal startup of the sim, for that you still need to clear the cache manually before each startup, and the linked thread suggest an automatic solution using a batch file.

Yes, I know it's not an ideal solution, but we wanted to fix the most annoying issues first ( airplane change, mainly ) as soon as possible, while we investigate the proper fix ( remember: I'm still unable to reproduce the problem ) and give you something usable, while we look into it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 04:06:48 pm by virtuali »

richbonneau

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2021, 04:31:14 pm »
Thanks - I did read that but evidently did not understand the explanation.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 04:43:57 pm by virtuali »