Author Topic: Problem with GSX 2.9.4 | Only works once after LiveUpdate  (Read 20689 times)

disco79stu

Re: Problem with GSX 2.9.4 | Only works once after LiveUpdate
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2021, 06:39:23 pm »
Couatl64_P3D takes a lot of time to close after closing the P3D

But it does close automatically ? Taking a long time to close it's not a problem, it might take a while if you have a lot of add-ons installed, so both a lot of RAM is allocated ( meaning Windows must reclaim it all, before it will really close the sim ) but also lots of add-ons are handling the closure.

Also, we have a system that will try to quit in any case, when the connection with the simulator is interrupted for some time, which also explains why it seem to take longer than usual to close automatically. But if it close by itself, it means everything is fine, and it should start normally on the next sim restart.

It is not closing at all here, no matter how long I wait. And as mentioned, when I close it manually it WILL start with P3D correctly, but this doesn't solve the problem that the GSX menu entry (and the GSX functionality) is gone.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2021, 06:42:46 pm »
It is not closing at all here, no matter how long I wait.

I don't know what to say, it closes here 100% of the times.

The only time it doesn't close, is when there's an unrecoverable error ( which we already fixed ), and you reply Yes to the request to restart Couatl after the error. But, since at least the F-35 error has already being fixed, unless there's another unknown error, this shouldn't happen any

And as mentioned, when I close it manually it WILL start with P3D correctly, but this doesn't solve the problem that the GSX menu entry (and the GSX functionality) is gone.

And it works if you run the FSDT Live Update again, before starting the sim another time ?

disco79stu

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2021, 06:50:33 pm »
And it works if you run the FSDT Live Update again, before starting the sim another time ?

Correct. This solves the issue for one session.
After closing P3D something brakes and not even a reboot can bring it back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2021, 06:52:01 pm »

Check my reply here and see if this might be your case:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25479.msg167492.html#msg167492

disco79stu

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2021, 07:06:18 pm »

Check my reply here and see if this might be your case:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25479.msg167492.html#msg167492

Hm....that's not really the case here.
I know GSX' behavior and those instances where it's not responsive until the airport cache is created, and I've been using it for years now without any issues of that kind. I have successfully created own GSX airport profiles, changed SODE jetways, etc. etc.
And even when GSX got stuck or crashed in the past, it was nothing a restart/reboot couldn't fix.

Right now, after one successful sim session, I don't even have the GSX menu entry in P3D. I'm really out of ideas...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2021, 07:16:46 pm »
I know GSX' behavior and those instances where it's not responsive until the airport cache is created, and I've been using it for years now without any issues of that kind. I have successfully created own GSX airport profiles, changed SODE jetways, etc. etc.

Please re-read my post again.

There has always been TWO caches, the airport cache and the object cache but, until today, the object cache was created fairly quickly, so we never add any message about it.

Now, with many more objects due to the new multi-liveries, the object cache creation will take longer and, since there's no specific message telling it's ready, it's possible you might have called the GSX before it was ready. That's why I asked to check on an airport with GSX jetways for their appearance, as the cue GSX is really ready.

And, it's also possible if this happens, the object cache creation might be interrupted, so you need to run the FSDT Live Update which, amongst many other things, clear the whole airport and object cache folder.

hammertime

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2021, 07:47:21 pm »
Okay, so I uninstalled GSX and AddonManager and re-installed everything.
Unfortunately, the problem persists.

I believe that after the 1st run (after LiveUpdate, where everything works), GSX apparently won't start properly. I didn't notice this at first but let's forget the catering/resetting etc. for a second.
Here's what happens:

- 1st run, everything's OK. In the top menu bar under "Add-ons" I have "Couatl settings", "Couatl Live Update" and "GSX". All good & working.

- Quit P3D normally.

- 2nd run, GSX now unresponsive, in the top menu I now only have "Couatl settings" and "Coutl Live Update". ... "GSX" is missing (as seen in my video as well).
Nothing I do (reboot, restart etc.) will bring the "GSX" menu entry back from this point on. So "something" is not starting anymore after the 1st run, for whatever reason.

Any ideas?

Just posting to put my "+1" to this issue. This is exactly the behaviour that I'm seeing also

After doing the initial upgrade, I did see the "Airport Cache" rebuild successfully in the status bar. Subsequent P3D starts, GSX seem to be missing from the Addons menu. It is however present (and activated GSX + L2) in Addon Manager
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 07:49:43 pm by hammertime »

disco79stu

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2021, 07:48:00 pm »

Please re-read my post again.

There has always been TWO caches, the airport cache and the object cache but, until today, the object cache was created fairly quickly, so we never add any message about it.

Now, with many more objects due to the new multi-liveries, the object cache creation will take longer and, since there's no specific message telling it's ready, it's possible you might have called the GSX before it was ready. That's why I asked to check on an airport with GSX jetways for their appearance, as the cue GSX is really ready.

And, it's also possible if this happens, the object cache creation might be interrupted, so you need to run the FSDT Live Update which, amongst many other things, clear the whole airport and object cache folder.

Okay, I see what you mean.
But that didn't seem to solve it either.

1. I ran LiveUpdate
2. Opened P3D and didn't do anything for at least 5min.
3. I just checked the menu entries under "Add-ons" without even selecting or calling anything. The GSX entry was there:

4. I quit P3D (couatl64_P3D.exe closed as well this time)
5. I started P3D again and right away the "GSX" entry was gone again from the menu:

rockon01uk

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2021, 08:00:11 pm »
Having this exact same problem after installing uninstalling, actually doing a few things for the past couple of hours and getting the same thing. GSX initally starts then a reset or change aircraft/airport stops GSX alltogether. I have tried to resart couatl but that doesn not respond either without a P3D resart, then back to square one. I loose all my fsdreamteam sceneries also just with a reset or move airport. I have waited 10 mins or so after a rebuild airpost cache and nothing appears.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 08:00:33 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2021, 08:01:54 pm »
Having this exact same problem after installing uninstalling, actually doing a few things for the past couple of hours and getting the same thing.

See the last replies here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25476.msg167518.html#msg167518

About clearing the airport and object cache before starting.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 08:03:31 pm by virtuali »

disco79stu

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2021, 08:26:09 pm »
So I've deleted, de-installed, re-installed everything again, but the problem is still there.

I tested at a GSX-jetway airport, let the cache(s) rebuilt, GSX-jetways appeared, everything seemed ok.
Then I did that catering-reset-position-thing again and got a green bar message

[SODE] All active Jetways stopped due to Main Module (exe) Reset/Disconnection! (N-1)

All Jetways disappeared, GSX-menu-entry vanished, GSX didn't recover or started working again, even after resart.

Can you make sense of this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2021, 08:32:01 pm »
Then I did that catering-reset-position-thing again and got a green bar message

[SODE] All active Jetways stopped due to Main Module (exe) Reset/Disconnection! (N-1)

That's exactly what you are supposed to see when you restart when SODE is doing something, see my previous video:

Which showing the same message, that's perfectly normal ( SODE is telling you GSX asked SODE to restart ), but in my case, you can see it restarts normally after that.

disco79stu

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2021, 08:37:41 pm »
I see.
So in my case it just won't restart and it also won't start with P3D any more after the initial session after LiveUpdate.
No matter what I do, everything seems fine and okay (cache rebuilt, jetways appearing, services working) until I start P3D again. GSX will only start once right now.

AUA9085

• My Youtube Profile :)
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2021, 08:45:47 pm »
Add me to that list...

I just ran Live Update.
Startet in LOWW (I have GSX Jetways there).
Inital load everything fine.

I changed now the Aircraft and for any reason GSX did a restart:

Thats in the Taskmanager but nothing is happening

EDIT:
Got in event viewer now this after closing P3D:
Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: couatl64_P3D.exe, Version: 4.0.0.4579, Zeitstempel: 0x613104de
Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: couatl64_P3D.exe, Version: 4.0.0.4579, Zeitstempel: 0x613104de
Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005
Fehleroffset: 0x0000000000054ff4
ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x3254
Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d7a41b675a2846
Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: E:\Addon Manager\couatl64\couatl64_P3D.exe
Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: E:\Addon Manager\couatl64\couatl64_P3D.exe
Berichtskennung: 37e6ac9e-9874-4ab9-8f4b-7b6699bcd409
Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 09:12:29 pm by AUA9085 »

rockon01uk

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2021, 09:03:17 pm »
Deleted the cache files and restarted at KLAX. All ok (apart from trial mode warning now ) until I change aircraft i.e. NGXu. Then the scenery dissapears and couatl dissapears from Taskmanager but still have couatl64_P3D running if I use Process Explorer. Couatl still in Addon Menu but does not respond to anything i.e rebuild cache etc. The only way to get GSX back is to resart p3d then the loop continues.