Author Topic: Problems with GSX Customization  (Read 3462 times)

Jammin16

Problems with GSX Customization
« on: July 15, 2021, 01:52:46 pm »
Hi,
I have a problem I can't use GSX Customization, if I would use it there open an error code/ message as you can see on my pictures.

Hope some can help me

Best
Jammin16

Pictrues:
https://ibb.co/cwWssDS
https://ibb.co/wwT9fwR
https://ibb.co/9t4pNDn

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems with GSX Customization
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2021, 02:05:02 pm »
Please clarify if this happens with this airport, or everywhere else. Also, which kind of jetways does the airport comes with ? I see you checked the "don't create jetways" option, is this what you intended to do ?

Jammin16

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2021, 06:14:49 pm »
Please clarify if this happens with this airport, or everywhere else. Also, which kind of jetways does the airport comes with ? I see you checked the "don't create jetways" option, is this what you intended to do ?

Hi, The idea of using GSX Customization was that I want to change a bit where the plane should stop so that I keep more precise in relation to the jetway.  I have used this before to change some locations of the GS and the aircraft itself. Wellington International Airport from Flightbeam studios have made perfect jetways and they are controlled by SODE. I don't want to change the jetkways.

I have tried this option on an other airport and I didn't have the same problem.

Jammin16

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 01:39:49 pm »
Then you must have made some kind of mistake, because it seems you tried to replace the jetways with GSX, then you probably set the "don't create jetways" option, which is not used to undo a replacement gone wrong.

If you just want to change your stop position, there's no need to touch or replace the jetways, just adjust the stop position. I think it's best if you remove your custom profile and start from scratch. GSX should tell you the scenery has SODE XML jetways.

Jammin16

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2021, 11:19:25 am »
Then you must have made some kind of mistake, because it seems you tried to replace the jetways with GSX, then you probably set the "don't create jetways" option, which is not used to undo a replacement gone wrong.

If you just want to change your stop position, there's no need to touch or replace the jetways, just adjust the stop position. I think it's best if you remove your custom profile and start from scratch. GSX should tell you the scenery has SODE XML jetways.

Yeah  something went wrong, I know how to change position, but I don't know why it will change jetways?

How can I make it not change jet paths?

Should I reinstall the airport?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2021, 11:31:06 am »
Yeah  something went wrong, I know how to change position, but I don't know why it will change jetways? How can I make it not change jet paths?

Changing the stop position won't have any effect on jetways. As I've said, try to remove the custom profile and try again.

Jammin16

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2021, 11:53:18 am »
Yeah  something went wrong, I know how to change position, but I don't know why it will change jetways? How can I make it not change jet paths?

Changing the stop position won't have any effect on jetways. As I've said, try to remove the custom profile and try again.

Ok forget about the jetways, they're not my problem :)

I'm just interraced in being able to change stop position... And where do I find the NZNW GSX profile? I've never looked at GSX profiles.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2021, 12:21:28 pm »
Ok forget about the jetways, they're not my problem

They are because:

- you said the scenery has perfectly fine SODE jetways, with no need to replace them

- you replaced them with GSX jetways AND flagged the "don't create jetways" option

- your error log WAS related to a problem with jetways

And where do I find the NZNW GSX profile? I've never looked at GSX profiles.

Is right there in the screenshot you posted, where it says "User customization in:", that's the name of your GSX custom profile for that airport. To remove it, you have different options:

- Just remove the file manually, and select "Restart Couatl" from the "Couatl Settings" menu

OR

- Select the topmost node on the left, which is the "Airport" node, this will select all parking spots at once, then click the "RESET", this will remove the customization file and reset everything to default.

Jammin16

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2021, 03:59:00 pm »
Ok yeah I can see it now, and I can see the problem or what has gone wrong.

I can see the simple fix in that, I have now reset it and as you say it's now fixed. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but thanks.

I have just a last question, Wellington Airport gate 23 haven't some jetways, I mean there are a jetway to the terminal building but thats for gate 24. But I think could the gate 23 use the jetways from gate 24?

I don't know how they work in reality but I would like the jetway from gate 24 to also be used for gate 23.

Look at mi picture:
https://ibb.co/BCV0GYs
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 05:03:37 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2021, 05:05:52 pm »
I don't know how they work in reality but I would like the jetway from gate 24 to also be used for gate 23.

In real life, those gates are never used at the same time and are, in fact, like alternate parking positions used depending on the airplane type. This is not really possibly to simulate in the sim, because the .BGL system doesn't allow something like that, and GSX must in some way conform to the underlying .BGL structure.

Jammin16

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2021, 09:58:25 pm »

In real life, those gates are never used at the same time and are, in fact, like alternate parking positions used depending on the airplane type. This is not really possibly to simulate in the sim, because the .BGL system doesn't allow something like that, and GSX must in some way conform to the underlying .BGL structure.

Hi,
Ok, I just want to ask because I have experienced being deboarded from gate A124B where I came out from gate A124 Jetway.

But thanks for your help😊