Author Topic: Released: Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz  (Read 156068 times)

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
Re: Released: Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz
« Reply #255 on: March 19, 2010, 10:52:21 pm »
LOL ... @your status..
technique used for throwing of the x45 is commonly referred to as the blind rage technique  ;D
swinging it by the usb cord also gives it a few extra yards... hehe
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

Orion

« Reply #256 on: March 31, 2010, 08:06:35 am »
Well, I figure it's about time to post a mission update ;D.  The upcoming update, collectively known as SF Carrier 2.2, will feature the following:

- SF Carrier 2.2 (mission itself)
- Improved installer
- Mission updater

The updated mission will help decrease the carrier location discrepancy, have refinements to the refueling capability, slow down carrier turn rate, feature an updated LSO viewpoint, and include a little in flight Easter egg.

More on the improved installer and new updater soon ;).

Going back to the first couple pages of the thread, in regards to SUBS17's crash, I've recently gotten a report of a similar error.  If you're still around and reading this SUBS, could you try disabling addons using SimConnect or FSUIPC (such as 3rd party weather engines (e.g. Active Sky, REX) or Ultimate Traffic II)?  Also, does the previous original of my mission work (one with stationary Acceleration carrier)?  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #257 on: March 31, 2010, 11:42:59 am »
Hey Orion

Great news about the update to the mission. I really like some of those proposed changes..your'e a legend!!
Why dont you give it to me and then I will distribute to everyone I know  :o.. hehe just kidding, I know how much you love
unauthorised distribution....

So when do you think it will be officially released. Really looking forward to flying it. This month will be a great month for me and FSX,
new faster broadband connection, new x52 hotas, new FSX Superhornet, and new multiplayer mission (hopefully)

Sonofabeech out
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

Madadog

• VFR Reviews
« Reply #258 on: March 31, 2010, 02:01:27 pm »
Sounding good Orion.  ;D
Adam "Madadog" Johnson.

“Madadog, 1.5 miles. Madadog, roger ball, yaddi, yaddi, yadda."
"Hmm...I am a bit left. Are you sure you can't move the carrier over a bit?"

Afterburn93

• "I've got this thing floored!"
« Reply #259 on: March 31, 2010, 05:24:23 pm »
Looks good Orion, keep me posted!

Glad the good computer is working for you, hope to see you flying.

A/B
Benjamin "Afterburn" Rothstein (A/B, Candlewacs)

"Is that an Uzi in your handbag... or are you just pleased to see me?"

Orion

« Reply #260 on: April 01, 2010, 01:19:56 am »
Simon, I was hoping nobody would ask for an estimated release date :P.

I wouldn't start expecting it too soon, though.  The mission itself is done and ready, but, without going into too much detail, the new installer is being completely rewritten and the updater still needs to be programmed.  Steve's on a holiday until next week, so progress is sort of halted.  On the positive side, once the installer is done, installers for future updates should be really simple to create :D.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 01:24:39 am by Orion »

Madadog

• VFR Reviews
« Reply #261 on: May 11, 2010, 09:30:22 am »
Sorry guys, I've spent more time flying under the radar than a B-2.

My Saitek Pro Flight Headset arrived this afternoon, so I'm ready to hit the deck again.
Adam "Madadog" Johnson.

“Madadog, 1.5 miles. Madadog, roger ball, yaddi, yaddi, yadda."
"Hmm...I am a bit left. Are you sure you can't move the carrier over a bit?"

markturner

« Reply #262 on: May 19, 2010, 05:45:49 pm »
Hows progress with version 2 of the mission Orion?

Cheers, Mark

Orion

« Reply #263 on: May 20, 2010, 12:01:22 am »
Err, sort of on hold.

Both Steve and I are in school, and it's that time of year where everyone takes their end of school year exams/tests/finals, so we're both pretty busy with our real jobs.  Steve's taking his exams now, and I've got them coming up in a couple weeks.

I had thought I was done with the mission, but I had a change of mind and decided that I'd like to further extend the tanker refueling zone, to make it easier for people to refuel.  And after that, I still have to update the documentation and license.

Oh, and my development computer decided it doesn't want to boot consistently (well, consistently isn't really a good word for it.  Like, it doesn't boot most all the time.  It just occasionally boots.), so that's a problem too.  Next time it lets me turn it on, I'll try setting my RAM to DDR3 1333 at 6-6-6-18-1T (8 GB of Mushkin 996657).  I've heard the memory controller on the Phenom II's don't like DDR3 1600 so much, and with it not working, I'm open to ideas and suggestions.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 12:03:32 am by Orion »

SUBS17

« Reply #264 on: May 20, 2010, 02:41:15 am »
Hi Orion since I got the VRS Superhornet for FSX I've been testing it in your mission and it works very well. The problems I have now are related to FSXs MP stability which is quite bad. Some good points is that the ILS for the carrier works for the VRS Superhornet. BTW we have to use FSUIPC for the VRS Superhornet to work.

markturner

« Reply #265 on: May 20, 2010, 09:46:04 am »
OK, thx for the update! and good luck with the exams and stuff. All of that is a dim and distant memory for me.... !! Old git!!

Cheers, Mark

Orion

« Reply #266 on: May 21, 2010, 05:10:00 am »
SUBS: Glad the mission works well with the VRS plane.  I hear they're planning on issuing an update so they'll be able to track the carrier and provide ILS/TACAN in multiplayer missions, similar to how JR's improved HUD works.

Mark: No problem, and thanks :).

And everyone: Anyone up for carrier ops this coming Saturday (May 22 2010)?

markturner

« Reply #267 on: May 21, 2010, 09:07:56 am »
I would not mind having a go,, have not tried any carrier stuff in multiplayer yet, so if you dont mind showing me the ropes? I am in england, so what time are you guys on?

Cheers, Mark

Orion

« Reply #268 on: May 21, 2010, 05:35:33 pm »
Sure :).

All you need prior is my mission (SF Carrier 2, grab it in the first post in this thread if you haven't already), and Skype along with a mic (optional, but preferred - just so everyone can talk while flying).  Once you get Skype (or if you already have it), either PM me your Skype username or reply here with it (if you're comfortable posting it on the forum) so I can add you to my contacts.

The time the sessions have started previously was 1 PM GMT -08 (Pacific) or 9 PM your time.  I'd be happy to start up to about three hours earlier if that's any better.  Usually most people get on Skype 15-30 minutes prior the the flight so we can all get FSX set up.

neutrino

« Reply #269 on: May 21, 2010, 05:39:09 pm »
Mark, you should jump in if the time is convenient - when we get more than 5 people it's very interesting, and if Sludge is not golfing he provides LSO calls and grades the landings in his black book  while flying a tanker ;D