Author Topic: Released: Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz  (Read 156061 times)

skimmer

Re: Released: Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2010, 01:05:03 am »
SFCarrier2, Sludge Hornet and Skype? I'm thinking about getting involved but need 4 ? answered if you would please.
1.Is SFCarrier2, AICarrier2 ? I have AICarriers installed now with FSX:ACCELERATION USS NIMITZ & USS EISENHOWER VERSION 2.0
2.Is the Sludge Hornet the FSX hornet with the modifications I have already made from the info collected here on forum.
                                           (if I'm incorrect about these 2 where can I find them?)
3.Is Skype a dwnld program for communicating ? Need to read about this somewhere.
4.Will you make a list of needed addons and scorce for partisipation ?
                                                                       Looks like a lot of fun ;D      PS. I also have Java 1.6.0 _17      Fifth ?= is that good enough?                                                     THANK YOU,Skimmer                                                               

neutrino

« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2010, 01:51:08 am »
3. Skype is a freeware messenger (like ICQ) we are using to communicate before and during the session. Download here: http://www.skype.com/

We need to have your Skype username in order to add you to the call (we use voice communication, so you need to have a headset). You can post it here on Friday, when everyone posts if they are going to fly on Saturday ;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 01:53:46 am by neutrino »

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2010, 03:14:58 am »
Skimmer...

1.  SFCarrier2 mission is NOT AICarriers2.  There have been some compatibility issues and before coming to the multiplayer, I recommend UNINSTALLING AICarriers and Javiers, then installing the SFCarrier2 mission by Orion.
2.  Yes, the "Sludge Hornet" is a compilation of all the changes Ive made to my Hornet that Im putting into two easy install .zip packages.  One that is a "basic", without the Engine Smoke and Hi-G effects.  The other, "effects" version, with all effects included and enabled.  You will be able to install both and simply choose either one from within FSX depending upon the agreed upon "Sludge Hornet" to be used.
3.  Skype is a separate VoIP chat program, where you can use your headset for full duplex communications.
4.  Yes, working on that now.  Will get a list out later this week for all interested.

Its alot of fun and shouldnt require the use of Java.

Later
Sludge

skimmer

« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2010, 04:30:09 am »
Thanks neutrino and Sludge,I'll wait untill you have that list ready so I have full compatability with all . I'll have to uninstall ut2 no doubt and a few other fps hungry addons so I can fly like top gun. ::) ::)

Orion

« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2010, 08:35:31 am »
Nice screenshots Brian and nice video, as always Don :)!

What is the Formation AI utility?  I've used FS Recorder in other cases, but I'd think it'd be pretty good for creating formations and what not.

Sludge: Having two calls sounds good to me.

Skimmer:
1. No, SF Carrier 2 is also known as Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz, the addon I developed which is featured in this thread.  It is a multiplayer mission which lets you use Javier's Nimitz in FSX Acceleration multiplayer.  AICarriers2r2 is an addon by Larmont Clark which uses a Java implementation of SimConnect which lets you place AI boats at user specified locations.
2. Not exactly, but it is possible.  The Sludge Hornet is the default FA-18 Hornet with the modifications that Sludge had made.  Depending on which mods you and Sludge used, it is possible that they could be pretty much the same.  Although, one major difference would be that I've re-packaged Sludge's FA-18 into a new SimObject entry so people wouldn't get the flight dynamics mismatch when they used Sludge's modified AIR file.
3. Yes, Skype is an instant messaging client which we use for voice communications.  As described earlier, you give me your Skype username prior to the session so I can add you to the conference call so we can all talk together when flying.
4. All you need is my mission (SF Carrier 2) and Skype.

Java is a good thing to have, especially if you'd like to use AICarriers2r2, but isn't required for my mission.  Oh, and you mention Ultimate Traffic II, is it any good?  I was thinking of getting it, but it costs quite a bit just for traffic.  And it'd be interesting to see what happens if you keep it on during the flight.  Since it injects the traffic through SimConnect and as I've learned, FSX syncs all aircraft in multiplayer, would all players get your AI too?  Don't think you'd need to uninstall anything, though, as long as they're not enabled or being used.

Okay, that's all the replies to posts, now to get onto what I really meant to say today:

I'm in the middle of writing a very small automated program which will get us all on one version of my mission, which should eliminate any "internal errors" trying to get into my mission.  I'll give it to you all next Saturday to run and we should all be able to get into the same session.  Problem should be solved, and I promise I won't get carried away with any impromptu test versions :P.

And haha at Sludge and Simon using quotes as their under avatar text :P.

You know you've flown too many multiplayer sessions when you hear "Son of a b----" you think of Simon's call sign :P.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 08:49:59 am by Orion »

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2010, 07:46:09 pm »
lol know what you mean by too much flying Orion ...the other day was watching a rerun of the movie Titanic and just before the ship hits the iceberg there is an aerial shot of Titanic steaming at full speed kicking up a massive wake presumably to impress upon the viewer how fast she was going and I said to my self ..man I am way above glideslope here .. Sonofabeech hornet ball... correcting....errr wait a minute..;D   Wife looked at me pretty strangely hehe
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

neutrino

« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2010, 08:19:18 pm »
... And I thought I was crazy about carrier landings ;D

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2010, 08:21:57 pm »
Simon...

That "Titanic, Ball Call" is an instant classic right there!

Hope the Minister of Homeland Affairs doesnt embargo you from FSX.

Later
Sludge

skimmer

« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2010, 10:41:23 pm »
Orion,UT2 is good product and it's gotten even better with last update but if you have woai you're just as well off. UT2 takes up more disk space than woai but it uses 2009 scheduals per flight.I have had woai with 60 pacs but I like UT2 better. I dont know if the ai traffic from one comp will transfer to others in multi player or not but we may find out. Before I get involved I have to dwnld and install all multi player files and go get headset. If I do and LSO tells me to add speed when I'm at 325+knts I'll crash from laughing to much. And I mean that in a very good way cause you guys are having a lot of fun. ;D ;D So anyway when I get all setup I will request joining cause I have and always will love cats and traps.
                                                                  Thanks,     Skimmer   
                                                                                                     PS. I have removed,but saved,the Mission folder and all it's content from FSX main. Do you think I should replace it?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 10:47:13 pm by skimmer »

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2010, 11:20:56 pm »
WOAI? what is that ....it kind of reminds me of the sound orion made when Don "Sucotash " Filer attempted to land his hornet at 350kts on the Nimitz ...  ;D
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

Orion

« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2010, 12:33:21 am »
Skimmer: Err, you shouldn't have to mess with any files or folders.  You should probably put the missions folder back if you want any of your missions to work (including mine).  I'll think of getting UT2 and I'm looking forward to flying with you and seeing what happens if you have UT2 and multiplayer running at the same time :P.

Simon: WOAI is an abbreviation for World of AI, which is a freeware set of AI packages.  You can find their website here: http://www.world-of-ai.com/.

On another note, I've completed my program and it's ready for use.

Madadog

• VFR Reviews
« Reply #161 on: February 17, 2010, 08:03:52 pm »
I'll have to work on a Madadog repaint for the Sludge Hornet for this week's flight.

Simon, just to make sure you're on glideslope when approaching the Titanic....

Adam "Madadog" Johnson.

“Madadog, 1.5 miles. Madadog, roger ball, yaddi, yaddi, yadda."
"Hmm...I am a bit left. Are you sure you can't move the carrier over a bit?"

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #162 on: February 17, 2010, 09:40:01 pm »
Mada...

Once you get the repaint done, send me the texture folder and the aircraft.cfg lines and Ill include it.  By tomorrow, I'll have a standard single person download ready to send out for the Sludge Hornet.  I say single person, cause I dont have wide release permissions still, so it will be sent out as a person-to-person download only.
Also, there are two versions, the Sludge Basic Hornet (w/out smoke and vapor), that we can use in the mass multiplayer flights without frame rate loss a bunch of "smoke generators" will cause.  And, the Sludge FX Hornet, that has both effects included so if you get together in a smaller (4 or less) group, you can simply select the FX version from the FSX aircraft selection screen and everyone can use it without the need for a separate installation.  The engine smoke effect is an effective visual confirmation of LSO "power" calls.

Simon...

Try for a OK observation deck landing and take out the life rafts.

Later
Sludge

skimmer

« Reply #163 on: February 17, 2010, 10:09:06 pm »
rodger that on the mission files. I'm glad I asked. I removed them long time ago to save disk space and glad I'm saved them. One ? , I have neutino hud and at a full stop airspeed reads 48 knts. If this is the way it is do I subtract that when in flight ?
                                                                                  Thank you,     Skimmer       

« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 10:12:40 pm by skimmer »

Razgriz

« Reply #164 on: February 17, 2010, 10:43:03 pm »
rodger that on the mission files. I'm glad I asked. I removed them long time ago to save disk space and glad I'm saved them. One ? , I have neutino hud and at a full stop airspeed reads 48 knts. If this is the way it is do I subtract that when in flight ?
                                                                                  Thank you,     Skimmer       

The minimum speed of the real hornet's hud (as read from the Pito) is 48.  You do not subtract that from airspeed in flight or ever, its just the minimum speed it reads at.