Author Topic: Fs9.1 update  (Read 6326 times)

jcupido

Fs9.1 update
« on: December 27, 2009, 08:52:43 am »
Umberto,
    In a previous post you mention this:

It's wrong insisting to use 9.0 because, there are no reasons whatsoever not to update to 9.1, mainly because of stability. Installing 9.1 DOES NOT require to reinstall any addon, and it's usually painless, of course if you are updating it over a 9.0 ORIGINAL FS9.EXE file (meaning, no nocd patch and no FS9.EXE patched >2GB). You can always patch your 9.1 FS9.EXE AFTER you install the update, if you need to

What I am mainly interested is in your comment about the nocd patch.  I am trying to understand what you are saying here.  I had CTDT and had to unistall everything.  I am reinstalling fs9 and want to know if the nocd patch is what was causing it.  Do I have to run the fs9 update to 9.1 before replacing the fs9.exe with the nocd patch?  Is that what you are trying to say? 

Also what is the second part of that "FS9.EXE patched >2GB".  What does this mean?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fs9.1 update
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 09:31:53 am »
I simply said that, if you want to use a nocd .EXE, it should be a 9.1 nocd .EXE because, it's not safe running the 9.1 .DLL set, with a 9.0 executable.

The FS9.EXE is usually patched using utilities discussed here and on many other places, to allow the use of more than 2GB, and this is best done AFTER a successfull 9.1 update because, if you patch it before updating to 9.1, the update will fail because the FS9.EXE was modified so, even without using a nocd, it will result in a 9.1 .DLL set, with an un-updated 9.0 FS9.EXE

Basically, this is the correct FS9 installation sequence, from scratch.

- Install FS9 from the orignal CD

- Update to FS9.1

- If you want to use a nocd FS9.EXE, install an FS9.1 nocd.

- Patch it for >2GB now, if you want.