Author Topic: GSX & GSX2 stopped working in P3Dv4  (Read 2171 times)

wkroeppel

GSX & GSX2 stopped working in P3Dv4
« on: April 30, 2021, 02:47:18 am »
I am now having issues recently in P3D v4  I have GSX and GSX2

Now the gate marshaller does not appear anymore.
The program constantly notes "Waiting for action - open Exit 2" when all exits ARE open.
The baggage loaders come up to baggage doors but then NOTHING moves - no bags or containers move in or out of aircraft as they did before...  loaders do not move up to door height, etc.
No tugs bring the baggage carts to the aircraft.
No fuel trucks or catering trucks appear anymore.
No passengers are visible.

I have tried a number of FSDT airports that I have such as KLAX, KORD, KJFK, LSZH, etc. at gates that are "official" noted GSX gates that the "Follow me car" brings you to.    Also utilizing a few aircraft noted in this forum as being "Supported" such as the Captain Sim B777-200, the Leonardo "Maddog" and the PMDG 737.

I tried deleting the program and reinstalling to no avail.   [When I go to your site to get a fresh download of GSX, it seems GSX and GSX2 are the same program at 634kb ????    Also, the "Add on Manager" within P3D indicates that both programs have been registered properly, and I ran the FSDT Live Update to assure all files are current ]

The P3D version # is 4.4.16.27077

Any suggestions please?
Thank you! 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX & GSX2 stopped working in P3Dv4
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 02:32:19 pm »
The program constantly notes "Waiting for action - open Exit 2" when all exits ARE open

Also utilizing a few aircraft noted in this forum as being "Supported" such as the Captain Sim B777-200, the Leonardo "Maddog" and the PMDG 737.

Are you SURE you are getting an "open Exit 2" message when using one of THESE airplanes ? When a door is called "Exit 2", it means the airplane is not configured, because in all the configurations that come with GSX for these airplanes, doors are called with their own specific name, which is usually the same you see in the airplane MCDU.

Go into the airplane configuration editor, and check which configuration is used by GSX

[When I go to your site to get a fresh download of GSX, it seems GSX and GSX2 are the same program at 634kb ????  

Of course they are the same, we never had a separate installer, that's why the product page for both says "Full GSX installer - Includes Level 2 Expansion"

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx_level2.html
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_gsx.html

The installer is only one, it contains all files, the features will be active or not depending on the activation key used. And of course, it's perfectly normal it's a small file, because it's just a downloaded for the rest of the files.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 12:20:45 pm by virtuali »

wkroeppel

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2021, 10:06:34 pm »
Thank you for the reply.

Yes - I am getting the "open Exit 2" message and I am sure I am using the aircraft noted.   Even though they are noted as "supported", will I have to configure them?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2021, 12:29:59 pm »
Yes - I am getting the "open Exit 2" message and I am sure I am using the aircraft noted

Which means the GSX configuration hasn't been used.

Even though they are noted as "supported", will I have to configure them?

If we say they are supported, they ARE supported so no, of course you don't have to configure them. That's why I asked to check the GSX aircraft configuration page to see which configuration has been loaded by GSX.

There can many reasons why the default GSX configuration hasn't been loaded. You said you use Captain Sim airplanes, and they have the habit of creating many folders for their airplane variations. GSX recognizes the airplane from its FOLDER name ( where the aircraft.cfg is located ), means if you have several folders for the same plane, GSX will likely recognize only some base versions.

However, this is usually a problem with Captain Sim ( and there are obviously workarounds for that too), other planes you said you use don't have that many folders and GSX recognizes all of them anyway.

Other reasons why the stock GSX configuration hasn't been loaded, might be because you tried to edit it yourself, but started with an unsupported variation ( one of the many Captain Sim extra folders, for example ), so your edits started from scratch, not from an already complete GSX internal configuration.

That's why I asked to check the airplane configuration page, which will tell you exactly WHERE GSX is taking its data from. Without that information, I can only guess.