Author Topic: Passenger Animations - Suggestion  (Read 1754 times)

disco79stu

Passenger Animations - Suggestion
« on: April 28, 2021, 06:52:35 am »
Hi, just a small whish:
besides the „Terminal to Plane without Bus“ Option we‘re all waiting for :) I‘d find it cool if the passenger models would be able to „see“ eachother so you could implement a little „waiting cue“ at the doors/stairs, which is a little more realistic I think. But I don‘t know if that‘s even possible...

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/BEFBP4/passengers-boarding-an-easyjet-plane-at-stansted-airport-uk-BEFBP4.jpg
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 02:09:09 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passenger Animations - Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2021, 02:10:49 pm »
If someone asked us new ways to kill fps and add stuttering, we always assumed that "vehicles being more aware of each other and more aware of other vehicles or AI" would have been the first one but, I have to say "passengers being aware of each other" will probably be the new number one.

disco79stu

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2021, 07:48:13 pm »
Dear Umberto,
I’m sure you could have make your point way less sarcastic and spirit-braking.
A simple “currently too hard on performance, but who knows what the future brings” or something like that would have been enough.

But thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2021, 09:45:11 pm »
I’m sure you could have make your point way less sarcastic and spirit-braking. A simple “currently too hard on performance, but who knows what the future brings” or something like that would have been enough.

That's how you can recognize a a programmers from a marketing guy. A proper marketing guy would probably have used that kind of generic marketing speak, which to me always seems like a generic excuse for not really tell you anything, so you are left with zero information.

Instead, as a programmer, I always tell the whole truth, even when it's unpleasant.

With my reply I gave you far more valuable and accurate information, about how difficult and hard on performances that feature could be, especially in the context of how P3D/MSFS work, where every kind of communication between an application like GSX and the sim is made using Simconnect, which is a channel shared by all add-ons, so we must be extra careful not to overflow it with data.