Author Topic: Problem with SODE jetways  (Read 2629 times)

abueren

Problem with SODE jetways
« on: March 27, 2021, 05:15:30 pm »
I have a problem with GSX at Imaginesim WSSS in P3Dv5: At some gates, the jetways will not connect. I get an error "jetway can't operate at this position". If I use the SODE-Menu, it is no problem to connect the jetways. Then there are other gates where it works without problems. If you look at the GSX menu, the Jetways are recognized but it seems that their "reach" is not read correctly. I tried to rebuild the airport cache and also erased all GSX-ini-Files for the airport, but no luck.
How can this be fixed?
Best regards
Adrian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with SODE jetways
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 02:18:10 pm »
The most common problem for 3rd party SODE jetways not working from GSX, but working from the SODE menu, is they are not correctly labeled in the SODE.XML file, that is the name of the gate doesn't match *exactly* the name in the AFCAD. While this is not really a problem in SODE, it is when GSX and SODE work together, because the standard AFCAD name is the only way the can refer to the same jetway.

abueren

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 03:25:30 pm »
ok, there is one more thing I forgot to mention. When I move the aircraft (in this case the 747) closer to the (double) jetways, then GSX will also recognize for example one of them. And of course then, the aircraft is not standing on the yellow line anymore.  Also, when going into the Edit Park Position Feature of GSX, it shows that 2 SODE Jetways come with this gate.

So I figure it can't be the names/labels because then, GSX wouldn't recognize them at all and also not show them in the edit function?

trisho0

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 06:55:35 am »
I also have a GSX problem with FSX. Airport cache regeneration completed with Failure ....
What can be the solution? I ran GSX LiveUpdate and still.
Patricio

abueren

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 07:24:03 pm »
ok, there is one more thing I forgot to mention. When I move the aircraft (in this case the 747) closer to the (double) jetways, then GSX will also recognize for example one of them. And of course then, the aircraft is not standing on the yellow line anymore.  Also, when going into the Edit Park Position Feature of GSX, it shows that 2 SODE Jetways come with this gate.

So I figure it can't be the names/labels because then, GSX wouldn't recognize them at all and also not show them in the edit function?

Any Feedback?