Author Topic: Bug during refueling on A330  (Read 2623 times)

fernandito

Bug during refueling on A330
« on: March 22, 2021, 09:16:34 pm »
Hi Gentz!
     I am running into an issue while refueling the A330. IAW manual refueling procedure through the MDCU, You must first load the Load-Sheet, then click on "Fuel" on the screen and then prompt refueling through GSX. The truck arrives, handlers exits the truck and position them self, handler enters the rack and connects the hoses. Then system starts refueling BUT it remains in position even after refueling has completed by looking at the screen on the MCDU, furthermore, the green bar announcing "Refueling Completed" never shows.

Just to see what happens, I prompted the refueling option on GSX again shortly, another fuel truck arrives but this time with the handler "Floating" in the air. It moves into position, nothing else happens after and then departs after 2 to 3 minutes with handler still floating. The original truck still remains in place after the second arrives and departs. Only way to advance Ground Ops its to Restart GSX and that causes the Pax not to be visible during boarding. Any thoughts??

Regards
FRL
FRL

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bug during refueling on A330
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 11:12:01 am »
You must first load the Load-Sheet, then click on "Fuel" on the screen and then prompt refueling through GSX

I don't know how that plane works, but that procedure looks wrong. When you use an airplane that has its own custom fuel system (meaning GSX is not actually refueling it), the correct procedure is to FIRST call the GSX fuel, THEN wait for the truck to arrive and WAIT for the message "Please use the fuel system of your airplane" from GSX and THEN, finally, act on whatever command the airplane has to load fuel.

That airplane might have added some custom control of GSX but, I don't see how it would work in reverse order, since those instructions seems to indicate the airplane could wait for GSX, while in fact it's GSX that is supposed to wait for the airplane to start refueling itself.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 11:13:35 am by virtuali »

fernandito

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 03:19:36 pm »
Mmmmm ???...I think that if I don't click 1st the FUEL option on the MCDU and then GSX Request Refueling option, the fuel truck will not be  dispatched. Its that what you are suggesting to do?..

Just do the "Request" first and once the FT arrives then, choose the Fuel Qt. desired "which usually I prompt 100%" and then click the FL Option on the MCDU panel after completed??..could you clear that for me? ???

Regards

FRL

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 06:25:39 pm »
Request fuel via GSX first, wait for the fuel truck to arrive and the fuel hoses to be connected, then go into the plane and add fuel however it needs to be done.
Captain Kevin

fernandito

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2021, 06:39:34 pm »
Sounds like a plan!...Will test and post outcome. Thanks Kev. 8)

Att.
FRL

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 10:46:05 am »
I think that if I don't click 1st the FUEL option on the MCDU and then GSX Request Refueling option, the fuel truck will not be  dispatched. Its that what you are suggesting to do?..

If you call the GSX fuel truck using the GSX menu, it will send you a fuel truck regardless of what you do ( or you don't ) on the airplane.

I don't know what the FUEL option on that particular airplane really does but, the important thing is: with an airplane that is flagged as using a custom fuel system, ANY kind of process in the airplane itself results in a change of the fuel quantity ( it might be an instant refueling or a progressive refueling ) MUST be started AFTER the GSX fuel truck is in place, when you see the message from GSX saying "Please use the refueling system of your aircraft to refuel".

Note that, there's an option in GSX called "Detect custom aircraft system refueling", which tries to recognize changes in the fuel quantities automatically and send a GSX Fuel truck automatically. It's not enabled by default, so how well it work really depends on the airplane used, but it might be confusing so, I suggest keep it disabled (which is the default), and call the fuel truck yourself.

fernandito

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 08:41:13 pm »
Yes Sir...Success.....
1. Loaded Sheet Up Loaded by way of MCDU
2. Called up refueling through GSX, leave alone the options on the MCDU.
3. Msg shows at arrival of truck, choose 100%
4. Refueling starts happening but the numbers for quantity on display do not starts changing after refueling has completed and truck departs.
5. When prompted "Request Boarding" then can see "Refueling in Progress" on center display and loads up quickly. It reaches the QTY.at aprx or prior (-8min) before 45m of ground Services are over when the FS2 Crew Load master announces "Cargo Upload have been Completed"

Looks like its all good for now. Thank you much for the advise Gentz! 8)

v/r
FRL
FRL