Author Topic: Red X on Jetways  (Read 2425 times)

jay907uk

Red X on Jetways
« on: February 08, 2021, 06:09:58 pm »
Hi,

I've noticed I've got a Red X on some scenery jetways, I remember seeing a posit on here that explained what you needed to do but I cant find the post.

Any help appreciated

Jason

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Red X on Jetways
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 08:40:15 am »
Have you updated SODE. Latest version appears to be 1.7.1.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 11:16:36 am »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX or any of our products. FSDT sceneries and GSX creates jetways on their own ( SODE only animates jetways that has been already created by GSX ) objects on their own, so you will never see Red X as a result of a problem with them.

Red X comes from SODE when you have a 3rd party scenery that uses SODE objects is trying to call them ( because there's a SODE XML file for it in the Programdata\12bpilot\XML folder ), but the objects are not there anymore, likely because the scenery has been removed manually, or the scenery uninstaller is faulty and doesn't remove those extra SODE files.

jay907uk

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 03:49:14 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Am I best to uninstall the scenery and then do a fresh install in-case I've done something wrong, when trying to configure using Cartayna files.

Thanks

Jason

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 05:37:16 pm »
Am I best to uninstall the scenery and then do a fresh install in-case I've done something wrong, when trying to configure using Cartayna files.

IF that scenery originally came with its own SODE jetways, and you the goal of that GSX profile was to replace them with GSX jetways, the problem happened because you must have skipped the step that instructed to remove the SODE XML files for that scenery from Programdata\12bpilot\XML folder so, SODE tries to create the jetways but, since the scenery ( and its jetways ) is not there anymore, you see the Red Xs.