Author Topic: Using GSX boarding PAX cause Aerosoft Proffessional to loose speed  (Read 2011 times)

atr_42_500

Hello
Here is a strange issue:
I had for some time problems with Aerosoft Airbus Pro 318/319 : at some point after takeoff,  while still climbing the bus starts to loose speed, gets into alfa floor, the Trimmable Horizontal Stabilizer gets stuck in full position.
I have tried numerous scenarios and I found out that the only one that causes this thing is boarding passengers with GSX. Just using GSX pushback or other services than boarding or not using GSX at all and I get no problems.
Any ideea what could cause this?
Thks
Mircea

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Using GSX boarding PAX cause Aerosoft Proffessional to loose speed
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 11:36:37 am »
It's not possible that anything in GSX would affect the simulator own systems, since GSX never touches any of them, and surely not any of the auto-pilot systems.

The only very brief time in which GSX ever touches the airplane status, is during Pushback, since the airplane is "frozen" while the tug is attached, but you said yourself Pushback doesn't have any problems.

Another case in which GSX touches the plane status is doing refueling, if the airplane is configured to use the default fuel system, because that's the only case in which GSX *actually* refuels the plane.

Not a single airplane variable is ever touched during Boarding/Deboarding of passengers.

However, you said this happens with the Aerosoft Airbus, which is an airplane that DOES recognize all kind of GSX services, and do things on itself depending on that so, the first thing to do is to check if this doesn't happen with another airplane, one that doesn't interact with GSX on its own, like a default airplane, or a PMDG plane.

Maybe the problem is the airplane itself is causing a problem to one of its systems, and you are assuming GSX is causing this, because it happens when you use GSX, when in fact is the airplane doing this because it is reacting on its own to what GSX does.

atr_42_500

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 06:37:36 pm »
Thanks , I will try with other planes as well.
I thoght that boarding pax might influence somehow the load of the airbus.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2021, 10:29:03 am »
I thoght that boarding pax might influence somehow the load of the airbus.

It might, but it must be the airplane doing it, since GSX never changes the airplane payload ( it can change the Fuel quantities, but ONLY for those airplanes that are flagged to use the default fuel system ), since there's no standard way to indicate what payload stations represent, they can be cargo, passengers, a single guy, a whole class, there's no standard, so GSX doesn't try to affect it, leaving it to the airplane developer to do that, in reaction to GSX, since they surely know what their loading stations represent on their plane.

atr_42_500

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 07:20:41 pm »
Thank you for the info. I have reinstalled the bus and it seems to have eliminated the isuue.
Keep on the good work