Author Topic: GSX Services & DC Concorde Issues??  (Read 2328 times)

fernandito

GSX Services & DC Concorde Issues??
« on: December 31, 2020, 01:10:38 am »
Hello;
I am trying to sort out an issue that has just emerged here with my SIM PD3v4.5.  Just recently I have acquire the new "Just Flight DC Concorde" and after completing the GSX Settings and employed GSX it seems that something its not working correctly that causes the R4 Door inoperable after passenger and luggage services are completed. Since Concorde its very differently from other aircrafts has to be configure a bit different since Concorde has only L1 Door available for (Pax) and R4 Door for (Catering and Luggage).

Without Jetway Connected....
1. Service Door#1 its set at R4 and will operate by it self with Shift E+2 when catering its requested and completes successfully.
2. Then Prompted "Request Loading"...Jetway operates and connects at L1 successfully.
3. Cargo Door #1 its also set at R4 and will also operates on its own with the same command when Boarding its requested with only One Belt Loader (front) configured without any problems.
4. One 1ea Cargo Train does also arrives and uploads plus belt loader does reaches the door height....

However...

1. Once Pax & Luggage loading its completed the GSX MSG that shows "Loading Completed and to close R4" does not shows as it does when Catering its requested and completed.
2. By prompting Shift E+2 did not responded to closed R4 Door, instead it only operates L1 Door, therefore R4 remains open.
3. A second Cargo Train shows and circles in the area of R4 Door for a few seconds and departs but since the Belt Loader has departed, no luggage can be uploaded.

Note: I did a test by setting both Belt Loaders at R4 (Front & Rear) to see if would operate individually but they end up merging and departed at the same time.

I have consulted with the "Just Flight Forum" and they advise me to consult with you all as well while they investigate further. Its being a few days already and no feedback has being received yet. Any Thoughts please or remedy available?

Regards
Fernando Rentas

FRL

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX Services & DC Concorde Issues??
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2020, 12:37:30 pm »
I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that you used R4 for both the service door and the cargo door. Most planes I know have separate doors for service and cargo, but I just had a quick look at Google and it looks like the Concorde does, in fact, use the same door for both. The only thing I would suggest just for testing purposes is to try making them separate doors to see if that's what the issue is.
Captain Kevin

fernandito

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 02:22:39 pm »
Hello Kevin;
Thanks for your reply and suggestion. The only problem with it its that there its No other door on the RS of the Concorde that operates, only R4 and separating the GSX event ei..R4 For Luggage and R1 for Catering (Grrrr!! >:( I wish there was one there) the Catering Truck indeed will position at R1 and raised up the platform to the door but No event will take place because the door function its what activates the event and to complete it. :-\....therefore having only the option to Restart Coualt!!

Regards
FRL
FRL

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2020, 05:53:18 pm »
You should be able to set GSX, so that particular door won't have anything happen. You'll just have the catering crew walking right through the door.
Captain Kevin

fernandito

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 08:45:10 pm »
Kevin...Are you referring to R1 for Catering or R4?? ???...If set at R2 there its no door to activate on the DC Concorde and the crew will not walk into the plane. It does work if set on R4 and opens and closes with Shift E+2 but the problems occurs after request boarding that the Jetway operates and attaches, Loader belts does its thing as well at R4 but for some reason after boarding its completed Shift E+2 to close R4 becomes inoperative and only opens and closes L1. ???. Will however test that suggestion (R1) and see what happens....

Regards
Fernando R
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 08:54:30 pm by fernandito »
FRL

fernandito

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2020, 10:24:10 pm »
Dayium!! :o...Hey Kevin what do you know.....Your suggestion was a "Sucessful"...

1. Did set the Service 1 for Catering at R1 the vehicle got in position and when opening R4 the crew at R1 did its thing correctly but of course Crew figure ran through the shutted door!!...Ouch!..must to hurt!!..lol :D....lol oh and R4 opened & closed with the Shift E+2 command.
2. Did set Cargo1 with Belt Loader at the R1 position and the same Belt Loader at R4.
3. When "Requested Loading" Jetway attached the L1 and prompted Shift E+2 to open R4 again then Shift E to open L1
4. Only One Loader appeared and positioned it self at R4.
5. Once the Loader at R4 departed I prompted Shift E+2 and R4 did closed individually and furthermore L1 closed by Shift E individually as well.

Xtra-Note:
a. At time of Request Loading the luggage train for the R1 area does appeared and stopped at the position where the loader would be and then departed
b.A few minutes later a 3rd Luggage Train shows and positions at R4, circles around and then departs.....At that moment the "Loading Completed MSG" shows on the screen. Have no idea how to configure that to stop it. ???

For now your suggestion did the trick needed, I think its better now than nothing. Thanks so much! ;D
FRL

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 12:46:10 pm »
1. Did set the Service 1 for Catering at R1 the vehicle got in position and when opening R4 the crew at R1 did its thing correctly but of course Crew figure ran through the shutted door!!...Ouch!..must to hurt!!..lol :D....lol
I mean, I did say that that was going to happen. As I suspected, setting the R4 door to do two different things must have confused it since no other plane I know of would even do such a thing. I don't know how likely it is they're going to make it, so it can work properly since the Concorde is the only plane I know that has one door doing two different things, so I don't know if they're going to make adjustments for just one plane.
Captain Kevin

fernandito

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2021, 02:04:10 pm »
Concur Kevin! 8)...I wish they do an update soon regarding this issue. Maybe a modification on the cockpit panel to operate both door independently will be perfect. There are three existing switches at the engineer panel, one to operate L1 but the two other only prompts the two escalators at L1 & R4 with no function at all for realism :-\. This detail looks like it was completely overlook during design I guess. I am still waiting on feedback from them about this issue. :-\

Att
Fernando R.
FRL

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2021, 07:07:53 pm »
My understanding is it wasn't intended to be a full-systems simulation, so maybe that played a role in it.
Captain Kevin