Author Topic: Dear Santa  (Read 1888 times)

737NGX

Dear Santa
« on: December 15, 2020, 11:48:06 am »
Dear Santa!

Hope you're doing well wherever you are! For this year, I wanted to make a wish for future GSX Updates!
I hope it's possible to take some of these into consideration! Here is my wishlist

1. Add a smaller ULD loader, for smaller aircraft like the A319-321. Typically, there is just a smaller ULD loader that drives to and from the aircraft. The cargo containers would be parked a few meters away,
and ground crew would push the containers onto the loader, then the loader drives onto the aircraft. The current ULD loader would never been used on narrow-body aircraft
2. Make it possible to load aircraft like the 737 without a belt loader (at Oslo airport we rarely use the belt-loaders in the front)
3. Make an *option* to turn off the "no engine start due to icing" as it's not practised everywhere (I usually just ignore this message, would be nice to be able to disable it)
4. Add more "skins" or models for the underground-fueling trucks.
5. Make it easier to load bags while refueling, perhaps a load bags only feature as sometimes the bags starts loading before boarding
6. Make a ULD loader that can load the 747F from the nose.  ;D

I've been a very good boy this year, and hope that you can take some of my wishes into consideration! Happy Holidays!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 01:36:56 pm by 737NGX »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Dear Santa
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 12:20:51 pm »
5. Make it easier to load bags while refueling, perhaps a load bags only feature as sometimes the bags starts loading before boarding
If the fuel truck is on the right side of the aircraft where the baggage loading happens, you have the issue where the vehicles might run into each other, which is why bags don't get loaded then. When I fly the Boeing 747-400, I don't have this issue since I've moved the fuel truck to the left side. I know somebody else commented elsewhere that the stairs won't be in position to board the aircraft or something like that, but then again, I usually don't use stairs on a Boeing 747-400 anyway, so not an issue for me.
Captain Kevin

737NGX

Re: Dear Santa
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 01:33:47 pm »
Yea, I guess that makes sense. I wish it would be an option to turn it off though, I don't mind the minor clipping it would cause.
I typically fly 90% of my flights in the FSLabs A32X and sometimes the 737 or 777 etc.
IRL we usually load baggage at the same time as fueling does their job, so I wish to see an option where fueling and baggage loading is simultaneously  ;D
This is especially the case for low-cost carriers like Norwegian, Easyjet, Ryanair etc. where turnarounds could be as little as 25 min, and we need to
off-load, fuel, and load the plane within limited time! Having to wait for the luggage for boarding sometimes results in a unnecessary delay  :-\