Author Topic: FSDT Live Update Trojan Warning in Mbytes  (Read 2958 times)

natcret

FSDT Live Update Trojan Warning in Mbytes
« on: November 06, 2020, 06:08:28 pm »
For some reason I am now starting to get the following warning whenever I try to use the FSDT Live Updater:

-Blocked Malware Details-
File: 1
Nymaim.Trojan, C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\is-C4V88.tmp\idp.dll, Quarantined

Any ideas?  Also, my FSDT folder is excluded in Malwarebytes.

Thanks and stay safe!

natcret

Re: FSDT Live Update Trojan Warning in Mbytes
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 06:58:55 pm »
So there is no one from FSDT that is willing to respond?  This seems awfully strange that this happening all the sudden.  I am also getting the idp.dll warning box the same as the other post by retnavycpo.  Please advise.

DMdoc

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2020, 03:52:53 pm »
I too got the same message in Mbytes. I decided to bite the bullet, and excluded that entire folder. The update worked fine thereafter.

natcret

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2020, 03:56:35 pm »
I too got the same message in Mbytes. I decided to bite the bullet, and excluded that entire folder. The update worked fine thereafter.

Thanks!  My folder was already excluded which makes this situation for me even stranger.

DMdoc

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 04:24:06 pm »
The folder that needed exclusion was
C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\is-C4V88.tmp

natcret

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 05:00:18 pm »
The folder that needed exclusion was
C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\is-C4V88.tmp

I don't have that folder.

natcret

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2020, 03:34:18 pm »
Just as a follow up, it looks like the live update is working now.  I do not touch anything, I did not do a re-install, I did no tweaking.  I was getting ready to post a follow-on response to the thread and was checking the error message again when the update ran as normal.

I can only assume that there had to have been an issue related to the live update connection on the server side.  Other who have posted about Live Update issues may want to recheck theirs.

Mods can delete this thread if desired.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2020, 12:11:56 am »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with our site, the file which was mistakenly flagged as a "trojan" by your antivirus, is just part of the Inno setup utility we use to write our installers, it's a free product used by thousands of developers, and that .DLL hasn't been updated in a while so, clearly, it's a bug of the antivirus.

A bug that can be easily explained because, what that .DLL does ( IDP means "Inno Download Plugin" ) is just downloading files and, some antivirus use flawed heuristic to detect virus they don't know about, so they try to use behavioral patterns as in: if something is downloading something else, it might be a trojan.

Of course, the whole point of a Live Update is...to download something, so the antivirus here is clearly at fault. Don't worry, we are in good company, MS own antivirus sometimes even blocks MSFS 2020...

natcret

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2020, 03:22:31 am »
Thank you very much for the response and the DLL file explanation.  It just seems odd that for a couple of days I had the trojan issue and the *poof* gone.  I made no changes at all to my system during that time or to any of my files.  That's why I though it might be something related to the connection for the download which in turn caused my AV to go crazy.  Anyway, I am glad it is gone and again, I appreciate the response back.

Stay safe!