Author Topic: AI not connecting to jetways in P3Dv5 only  (Read 6436 times)

abueren

AI not connecting to jetways in P3Dv5 only
« on: October 24, 2020, 07:10:59 pm »
Hello,

since upgrading to P3dv5 in June, I don't have the jetways connecting to AI-Planes anymore. This happens at FSDT-Airports like KORD or KSDF and at other airports with GSX-level2-Jetways as well. With airports that have normal SODE-Jetways everything is fine. Also in P3dv4, it works fine as exptected. I use TrafficGlobal for both Sim-versions, so the AI-Planes are also the same.

So I would appreciate if you could help me as we've been waiting so long to have this feature and I was really happy when it was introduced in spring.

Thanks
Adrian
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 02:02:22 pm by abueren »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AI not connecting to jetways in P3Dv5 only
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2020, 12:58:20 pm »
An user reported if you install SODE in the default folder in C:\Program Files, there might be issues with permissions ( doesn't happen here but, every system is different ), which might affect SODE communication with GSX, which can be affected by Windows permissions.

Try to uninstall it and reinstall in another driver or folder.

abueren

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 04:01:03 pm »
thanks for the suggestion. Do you really think, this could be the reason? As I wrote, it works perfectly with P3dv4 just not P3dv5. SODE ist of course only installed once. The only difference is, that P3DV4 is installed in G: and P3dv5 in I: If it's because of the installation location of SODE, how come it's working for the one simulator and not the other?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 04:27:00 pm »
I only reported what an user said, I cannot reproduce this and, from GSX point of view, there's absolutely no difference in the way SODE and GSX communicates between P3D 4.5 and P3D 5.

abueren

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 11:35:16 am »
ok, I'll give it a try

abueren

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 05:23:22 pm »
I have made some more tests and now found the issue. It doesn't depend on P3dv4 or v5. If AI is created with the Traffic Slider, it works fine. If you use a tool like VOXATC which sort of injects the traffic based on the traffic-bgls in the sim, it won't work. Of course I don't know if you're familiar with this method of injection that Voxatc uses since it's a third party tool. All I can say is that with regular SODE-Jetways, it works in all cases.

So if there were a solution for this feature in GSX, that would be really awesome.

Best regards
Adrian

abueren

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2020, 07:01:07 pm »
I have made some more tests and now found the issue. It doesn't depend on P3dv4 or v5. If AI is created with the Traffic Slider, it works fine. If you use a tool like VOXATC which sort of injects the traffic based on the traffic-bgls in the sim, it won't work. Of course I don't know if you're familiar with this method of injection that Voxatc uses since it's a third party tool. All I can say is that with regular SODE-Jetways, it works in all cases.

So if there were a solution for this feature in GSX, that would be really awesome.

Best regards
Adrian
Hello Virtuali,
have you had a chance to look at this yet?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2020, 02:40:52 pm »
Of course I don't know if you're familiar with this method of injection that Voxatc uses since it's a third party tool. All I can say is that with regular SODE-Jetways, it works in all cases.

We are obviously familiar with that method, and we have special code made precisely to handle that case. We tested it with UT Live, and it works with no issue so, there are no reasons why it wouldn't work with another program.

abueren

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2020, 01:53:27 pm »
Of course I don't know if you're familiar with this method of injection that Voxatc uses since it's a third party tool. All I can say is that with regular SODE-Jetways, it works in all cases.

We are obviously familiar with that method, and we have special code made precisely to handle that case. We tested it with UT Live, and it works with no issue so, there are no reasons why it wouldn't work with another program.
But that's exactly the issue I have...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2020, 08:32:27 am »
But that's exactly the issue I have...

As I've said, we tested it using UT Live, and it works, and nobody reported otherwise so, if it doesn't work with the *other* product you have, it means it might do something differently, although I can't see how, since creating AI through Simconnect is quite standard and, again, GSX perfectly supports that.

abueren

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2020, 04:33:46 pm »
Ok , I must say your answer is not satisfactory, because it doesn't help me at all. First you say, you're familiar with addon injecting traffic and then you tell me, the "other tool" does it wrong or something? I would like to repeat again - with SODE jetways it will work, just not with your adapted SODE-mechanism.

So what would you suggest, how can I get help with this if not from FDST?

Maybe there is anybody else here reading this who use VOXATC? Please reply.

DLH7LA

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2020, 02:22:01 am »
So what would you suggest, how can I get help with this if not from FDST?

Just dont expect any further support, the sale has been made and the easy reproducable error is not reproducable for the staff :)

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,24086.msg160114.html#msg160114

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2020, 10:18:51 am »
Just dont expect any further support, the sale has been made and the easy reproducable error is not reproducable for the staff

It would have been best if you abstained for this nonsensical comment. We spend quite of bit of time trying to reproduce problems, which is why we ALWAYS reply ( exactly as listed in the thread you linked ) with screenshots showing it's TRUE we cannot replicate it.

With AI, it's just NOT POSSIBLE to test each and every combination of products out there, which especially for AI products, come in very mixed up models made by many different authors following many different standards.

The sure thing is:

- GSX jetways works perfectly fine using default AI traffic, clearly proving GSX supports the standard way of making traffic ( traffic.bgl )

- GSX jetways works perfectly fine using UT Live, clearly proving GSX ALSO supports the non-standard way of making traffic using Simconnect traffic injection.

That's the two ways to create AI traffic, and they are both fully supported.

DLH7LA

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2020, 12:23:05 pm »
It would have been best if you abstained for this nonsensical comment. We spend quite of bit of time trying to reproduce problems, which is why we ALWAYS reply ( exactly as listed in the thread you linked ) with screenshots showing it's TRUE we cannot replicate it.

And yet there are already two AI products (and just a wild guess, several more where users just dont care enough to complain here) that are not working with GSX AI detection, eventhough SODE works perfectly.

I would not mind (much) if you just stated that its not working (at the moment) but you try to find a solution. But you dont and just say that its
fully supported.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2020, 01:00:01 pm »
And yet there are already two AI products (and just a wild guess, several more where users just dont care enough to complain here) that are not working with GSX AI detection, even though SODE works perfectly.

First, it's just wrong to guess there might be "other" AI products without any evidence. From what has been reported here, first it was said they don't with Traffic Global, they only if VoxATC is creating them with AI injection.

It has been already confirmed several times it surely works fully with default AI traffic and AI injection with UT Live.

I would not mind (much) if you just stated that its not working (at the moment) but you try to find a solution. But you dont and just say that its
"fully supported

I cannot say "it's not working", because it surely does with two of the most common ways to create AI traffic, which use the two known method to create it, either the standard traffic.bgl method or the AI injection.

If there are some other tools that GSX doesn't work with, it must be something strange or unusual about them. About AI injection, there's nothing specific about how GSX works with UT Live.

GSX doesn't know or care it's UT Live creating AI, it SIMPLY respond to standard Simconnect events which are automatically sent by the simulator itself when a new AI is created or destroyed and, when this happens, it TELLS SODE and SODE will animate the jetway on its own.

So, the only possible explanation I have for AI created with AI injection not working with ONE tool ( VoxATC ), but working with another one ( UT Live ) can only be related in the non-working tool doing things differently, perhaps creating AI with a different frequency or density, which might cause a lack of communication between the sim and GSX, so GSX doesn't know the AI is created.

There have been so many documented cases of add-ons not being able to communicate with the sim because of other add-on spamming the sim with too many requests in a short time, resulting in them being dropped, and this is entirely random, you don't get to know who's getting all notifications and who's not so, fact SODE works with that same tool doesn't tell anything, and it might be entirely different depending which other add-ons are installed, since the one causing too much traffic doesn't necessarily have to be the one related to AI. Sometimes, a weather engine can slow down updates for everybody else but, again, the effect of missing notifications is not the same on all add-ons, depending what they do, some might just result in a delayed process, another might skip animations.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 01:07:59 pm by virtuali »