Author Topic: Couatl crashing at deboarding **SOLVED**  (Read 12075 times)

scotth6

Re: Couatl crashing at deboarding
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2020, 06:55:53 pm »
No

Steven Silva

Re: no traceback available
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2020, 12:30:52 am »
I have not received these messages before using the FSLabs integration.  Does it happen if you use GSX manually, not from the airplane integration ?

That's not what I asked. I asked if it happens if you use GSX manually and not from the airplane integration, possibly with another plane. Your answer will help us UNDERSTAND where the error is coming from.

It happens to me is with integration and also manual

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2020, 12:39:39 am »
Please try the FSDT Live Update now, and see if the error goes away.

scotth6

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2020, 10:51:23 am »
Hello,

I received the error again today, using the FSLabs A321, and again it occurred the second I switched off the beacon light, which should initiate the connection of the jetway.  All other events with the FSLabs A320 and A321 are working with GSX using the inbuilt functons on the aircraft, and I have never seen this issue apart from when I switch the beacon light off in the A320 or A321.  I ran Live Update today before I started the flight, but it made no difference.

I had a quick look at the coautl log and it seems it has only recorded the events after the error, as I restarted couatl and GSX when prompted and connected the jetway manually and requested deboarding.

Please find the log file attached.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 11:02:37 am by scotth6 »

scotth6

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2020, 03:34:00 pm »
I just completed another flight under the same circumstances as the first time I had the crash, but this time it worked OK.  I shut down at Gate 4 at CYUL and when I switched off the beacon light I was prompted to connect the jetway, which I did, then the deboarding started automatically, as it should.

"Unfortunately"  ;) I was trying to get it to fail again so I could get a log file with the error, but the damn thing worked  :D .

If it fails again I will be sure to grab the error log before restarting couatl.

Thanks,

Panman

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2020, 04:54:15 pm »
I have this same problem also, today I used live update, still had the problem.  Downloaded the full GSX installer.  Still have the problem.  It's when I use the intergration.  If I restart Coautl and then do it manually it does not crash.  But this has been happening since BEFORE the latest FSL update, so that is not causing it.  It started happening a few days the update.

LEdwards2012

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2020, 05:02:54 pm »
I have just done some testing and I think I am narrowing down some of the conditions that cause a crash for me.

Using the FSLabs A319 and A320 (both latest version) at LOWW airport (default scenery with FTX Global).
I ran FSDT Live Update first a couple of hours ago.

If I spawn at Gate G34 and move to Gate G37 and request catering through the FSL integration I reliably get a crash (I have 5 logs I can send).
If I spawn at Gate G34 and move to Gate G37 and request catering through the GSX menu, no problem.
If I spawn at Gate G37  and request catering through the FSL integration, no problem.

I have tested this on both the A319 and A320.

So it seems to be only when the aircraft is moved and when using the FSL integration straight afterwards that causes a crash for me today. I will continue testing to see if I can provoke a crash using the GSX menu.

Hope this helps you track down the issue.

LEdwards2012

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2020, 12:23:33 pm »
Another Couatl crash this morning - boarding was fine as I spawned at the gate and the aircraft did not move. The crash happened when the FSLabs requested deboarding at EGBB (UK2000) Gate 1. Log attached.

Panman

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2020, 05:21:02 pm »
Another Couatl crash this morning - boarding was fine as I spawned at the gate and the aircraft did not move. The crash happened when the FSLabs requested deboarding at EGBB (UK2000) Gate 1. Log attached.
It's nothing to do with the FSL latest version.  This was happening to me, with the FSL,  before I updated it on Monday.

Aaron
-oOo-

LEdwards2012

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2020, 05:26:14 pm »
It's nothing to do with the FSL latest version.  This was happening to me, with the FSL,  before I updated it on Monday.

Aaron
-oOo-

I agree, it was also happening to me before the FSLabs was updated to v5.0.1.114

alpet

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2020, 08:48:13 pm »
Same issue, always when arrived to some place. Yesterday it was LFMN and LOWW, both logs are attached.

Both times aircraft was FS Labs A320, latest version.

GSX is also updated to latest version.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2020, 10:03:53 pm »
We are checking on this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2020, 07:39:48 pm »
Could you please try the Live Update now ? We had a small update that might fix this.

LEdwards2012

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2020, 09:02:05 pm »
Could you please try the Live Update now ? We had a small update that might fix this.

I've run Live Update and tested the 'order catering' scenario that was reliably causing a crash previously - it is now working fine. Hopefully this has fixed it, I'll do more testing tomorrow in particular arriving at a gate and requesting deboarding.

scotth6

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2020, 11:23:54 am »
Success here!!!  Thankyou Umberto, that seems to have worked.  I just completed a flight from KMBS to KMSP and upon applying the parking brake, shutting down the engines, and switching off the beacon light, the jetway was attached and deboarding started automatically.  I was flying the FSLabs A320 with IAE engines.

Cheers,