Author Topic: GSX Issue after last update  (Read 8783 times)

Nap Qdr

GSX Issue after last update
« on: October 01, 2020, 05:57:58 am »
Hey guys,

I purchased GSX and the expansion level 2 a while back and it was working really good and properly, but after the last update, that I did today, the GSX menu is not showing up on my Addons Menu.
I only can see the Addon Manager menu and when I open it up, shows that my GSX is in trial mode. I tried to re activate it with my codes, but when I click on Register Serial Number, it pops up a message saying that my antivirus has blocked the addons and I have to add it as an exclusion. the funny thing is I dont even have an antivirus, I'm running on Windows 10 and the Windows Security doesnt even show it as an unsafe or threat. Anyway, I added the file as an exclusion on Windows Security and I re-install the addon, and still is not working. I can't see it on my menu so I can't pop up the ground services actions menu and I tried to click on register serial number again to reactivate it and it keeps on showing the same message.
Please help me

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Issue after last update
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 01:07:37 pm »
I added the file as an exclusion on Windows Security and I re-install the addon, and still is not working

You must add the WHOLE Addon Manager folder, not just a file, to the Antivirus Exclusions. Do that, and run the FSDT Live Update again.

Nap Qdr

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 08:12:53 pm »
Im sorry, thats what I did, I added the whole folder, not the file but is still not working.
Thats what I meant

Nap Qdr

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 01:14:14 am »
I added the file as an exclusion on Windows Security and I re-install the addon, and still is not working

You must add the WHOLE Addon Manager folder, not just a file, to the Antivirus Exclusions. Do that, and run the FSDT Live Update again.

How can I downgrade the app? It's not working...... and I use it to record my videos for my channel.
Please I need help

hud11

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 04:44:22 pm »
I have the exact same problem. I thought at first that it was because I moved to a new computer, but I remembered that I had already used GSX in the new computer. It might be therefore the problem with the update.

Nap Qdr

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2020, 04:04:48 am »
I have the exact same problem. I thought at first that it was because I moved to a new computer, but I remembered that I had already used GSX in the new computer. It might be therefore the problem with the update.

It has to be the update.. Im still running it without the GSX and the sad part of this is nobody is helping us out lol

methax112

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2020, 07:05:11 am »

No working that "solution", please fix the problem.

Guggibob

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2020, 10:48:43 pm »
Same problem here. After making an update "Coautl scripting engine isn't running anymore". I spent my half sunday, trying to solve this problem, but nothing of the suggestions lead to a solution. :'( :'( :'(
And it's really ridiculous, that there is no chance to make a roll back to an earlier version of the software, which works without problems. Kind of fooling around the customer, who has already payed for the shit!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 11:30:53 pm by Guggibob »

ricsaraiva1

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 04:28:51 am »
Due to the lack of support from Virtuali, I did some research and came up with a TEMPORARY SOLUTION, THAT I HOPE VIRTUALI FIXES IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IN THEIR NEXT UPDATE. Here it goes: Go to your "Prepar3D Add-ons folder", then to "FsDreamTeam Addon Manager" and open "add-on.xml" with WordPad. On the last category ("EXE"), where you have <Path>F:\Addon Manager\couatl64\couatl64_P3D.exe</Path> ("F:" is the disk where my FSDT Addon manager is installed, yours may be different!!)
, edit this line to <Path>F:\Addon Manager\couatl\Couatl.exe</Path>. Apparently everything works fine after I did that...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 06:54:28 pm by ricsaraiva1 »

methax112

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 04:50:47 am »
Due to the lack of support from Virtuali, I did some research and came up with a TEMPORARY SOLUTION THAT I HOPE VIRTUALI FIXES IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IN THEIR NEXT UPDATE. Here it goes: Go to your "Prepar3D Add-ons folder", then to "FsDreamTeam Addon Manager" and open "add-on.xml" with WordPad. On the last category ("EXE"), where you have <Path>F:\Addon Manager\couatl64\couatl64_P3D.exe</Path> ("F:" is the disk where my FSDT Addon manager is installed, yours may be different!!)
, edit this line to <Path>F:\Addon Manager\couatl\Couatl.exe</Path>. Apparently everything works fine after I did that...

Did it, but doesnt works :(

ricsaraiva1

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2020, 05:20:08 am »
Try doing a full reinstall and then do what I wrote on the last post ;)

ricsaraiva1

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2020, 05:53:23 pm »
I uninstalled first and then I reinstalled it

lidsrock

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2020, 06:15:00 pm »
Due to the lack of support from Virtuali, I did some research and came up with a TEMPORARY SOLUTION THAT I HOPE VIRTUALI FIXES IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IN THEIR NEXT UPDATE. Here it goes: Go to your "Prepar3D Add-ons folder", then to "FsDreamTeam Addon Manager" and open "add-on.xml" with WordPad. On the last category ("EXE"), where you have <Path>F:\Addon Manager\couatl64\couatl64_P3D.exe</Path> ("F:" is the disk where my FSDT Addon manager is installed, yours may be different!!)

I was having a problem activating GSX and GSX Level 2.  Doing this worked for me!  Thank you!  I uninstalled GSX and reinstalled, ran the Live Update and then found the .exe file and edited the line.  I am now able to activate both products within the sim flawlessly.

ricsaraiva1

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2020, 07:41:46 pm »
Glad it worked for you  ;D

Guggibob

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2020, 08:07:50 pm »
Due to the lack of support from Virtuali, I did some research and came up with a TEMPORARY SOLUTION, THAT I HOPE VIRTUALI FIXES IT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IN THEIR NEXT UPDATE. Here it goes: Go to your "Prepar3D Add-ons folder", then to "FsDreamTeam Addon Manager" and open "add-on.xml" with WordPad. On the last category ("EXE"), where you have <Path>F:\Addon Manager\couatl64\couatl64_P3D.exe</Path> ("F:" is the disk where my FSDT Addon manager is installed, yours may be different!!)

Due to the lack of support from Virtuali, I suggest you start a career at FSDT.  ;D ;D After reinstalling GSX and editing the addon.xml as you suggested, everything works fine now here on my PC. Thanks for your help and always good landings.  ;) ;)