Author Topic: Strange error while loading p3d4 (Automatic loading of scenario in t background)  (Read 5284 times)

PouyaKhoshgoo

Hi everyone:

Apologies in advanced as this is going to be a bit long:

So i got a new computer, installed the p3dv4.5 on it. All fine

Installed all my add-ons. Everything was working perfectly until i installed the GSX Level 2, which also installs the SODE.

Here is what happened:

I run p3d as admin, it comes up, straight away without me doing anything the blue bar pops up, loading scenery objects etc. And at the same time u can hear the F22 engine sound. Blue bar goes away as if your flight is fully loaded and ready, However im still on the main p3d page( where you can see the f22 and all the menues and stuff).

Now if i click on anything p3d will hang and the sound wont stop.

If i click on Fly Now, it will crash.

I can only close the p3d using the little X on the top.

Another thing that happens at the same time as this issue is that the picture of the F22 in the aircraft selection box starts to roll and dive and climb and so on.

I could not find anything about this online so decided to uninstall my addons and start re-installing one by one and see what causes this.

Well, it happens right after i install GSX.
Uninstalled gsx fully as well as GSX and now sim works normal.

Not sure what to do, ANY idea/help would be greatly appreciated.( wish i video taped it)

Cheers everyone

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 12:38:37 pm by PouyaKhoshgoo »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange error while loading p3d4
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 11:24:23 pm »
Nobody ever reported this kind of problem, at least since P3D4 came out.

The usual suggestion:

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions list

- Reinstall GSX

PouyaKhoshgoo

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 11:30:14 pm »
Thank you for the prompt response.
I actually did that too :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 11:39:39 pm »
Thank you for the prompt response.  I actually did that too

You haven't said that, so I had to ask.

If you absolutely sure the antivirus is not interfering, try this:

- Uninstall GSX

- Check if the sim starts normally. Don't skip this step.

- Download SODE from its site:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9

- Install SODE

- Test if the sim starts normally.

PouyaKhoshgoo

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 12:13:57 am »
Thats Ok, ;)
Fully uninstalled GSX.
Installed SODE 1.7.1 & P3d starts normally. No more F22 dancing & engine sound.
No more "Loading scenery objects" blue line.

Re-installed GSX and it happened again so uninstalled it again.
Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 04:21:06 pm »
No more "Loading scenery objects" blue line. Re-installed GSX and it happened again so uninstalled it again.

I'm sorry but, I can only repeat and confirm you are the first and the only one reporting this. Note that, when the sim is loading scenery objects, GSX is not even started. It will start only *after* the plane is on the runway.

Are you SURE you configured the antivirus correctly ? Don't turn if off, but add the whole Addon Manager folder ( the whole folder ) to the antivirus exclusion list. And then run the FSDT Live Update again.

mttkelty1

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 03:14:46 am »
I can confirm i'm having this exact issue. I posted about it yesterday before i saw this thread... sorry about that.  When I ran the FSDT update over the weekend i got the F22 loading automatically in background while still on the scenario selection screen just as the OP also reports. If i then try to load a new scenario, It loads in the background (again audio only). Meanwhile the F22 viewer on the scenario selection screen is dancing around in random orbits. The only way I was able to get rid of this issue was to do a system restore to the previous day. After the system restore, P3DV4 ran like normal except i noticed all of my FSDT sceneries had no terminal buildings, only jetways. It appears Couatl is not running in my event manager which is probably the issue. I know SODE is working because i have no issues at other airports that use SODE. I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling GSX but it caused the same issue i had originally with the F22 loading in the background automatically upon starting P3D. So the only way i can use my FSDT airports at all now is to uninstall GSX? That's a major bummer..

Edit: I added the addon manager folder to the antivirus exclusions list as recommended but it had no effect. I then uninstalled GSX and rebooted.  Now when I start P3D i'm still getting the issue with the autoloading of the F22 scenario with sound only. Any other ideas? My sim is unusable until I can resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Matt
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 05:43:10 am by mttkelty1 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2020, 09:32:27 am »
Edit: I added the addon manager folder to the antivirus exclusions list as recommended but it had no effect. I then uninstalled GSX and rebooted.  Now when I start P3D i'm still getting the issue with the autoloading of the F22 scenario with sound only.

Is the Addon manager still enabled in the Options->Add-ons menu ? If yes, disable it, exit the sim and see if the problem is still there.

PouyaKhoshgoo

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 08:59:13 am »
Hi again.
Unfortunately i still have the same issue.
Infact I uninstalled everything and even re-installed the whole windows to start everything fresh again. No anti virus this time, all windows fire wall and deffender off this time.
Installed every single add on I have and checked the sim after installing each of them to make sure nothing else is causing this.
GSX was installed at the very end same F22 Scenario issue occured again!
I know my friend in Canada also has the same issue
Not sure what to do. Sim has now become useless.
Would be awesome if you guys at FSDT investigate this.
Im not a programmer or anything, maybe its the windows version 1909, maybe its a conflict with the sim or some other add ons.( i only have a few ORBX and Flytampa though...no issues whatsoever in the past)
Not sure :(

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 09:03:39 am by PouyaKhoshgoo »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 11:50:26 am »
Would be awesome if you guys at FSDT investigate this.

We already investigate and, as I've said, we cannot reproduce the issue. We had a problem with a version that worked only with P3D 4.5 HF2, so users with older versions couldn't load the Addon Manager ( because Simconnect is not backward compatible so, if a program is made to use 4.5, it won't run on 4.4 or earlier ). However, this only caused the Addon Manager to just not start, but nothing like you reporting.

Infact I uninstalled everything and even re-installed the whole windows to start everything fresh again. No anti virus this time, all windows fire wall and deffender off this time.

Reinstalling the whole Windows might make the problem worse, at least you should be sure you install all Windows updates before installing P3D. And, you should run P3D at least ONCE, before you install any add-ons.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 11:53:18 am by virtuali »

PouyaKhoshgoo

Re: Strange error while loading p3d4 (Automatic senario Loads in the background)
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 12:37:23 pm »
Thanks for replying.
As mentioned, i did check the sim after installing every single add on to make sure its working fine.
So you are saying there is no way to fix this now and as im using p3dv4.4.xxxx, it is going to be like this?
But why i did not have this issue up until last week?
Maybe there will be a little update or hotfix to address these issues?!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange error while loading p3d4 (Automatic senario Loads in the background)
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 12:42:48 pm »
So you are saying there is no way to fix this now and as im using p3dv4.4.xxxx, it is going to be like this?

I suggest updating to 4.5 HF3, we simply cannot be sure to support so many multiple builds, especially after the NEXT major version has been released. When P3D 4 came out, we only supported the very latest version of P3D V3, that is 3.4, so you should expect the same will happen from going from V4 to V5.

In the next updates, we'll probably issue some kind of message that 4.5 HF3 will be mandatory, just as 3.4 is mandatory for V3 support, 2.5 is mandatory for V2, 1.4 is mandatory for V1, FSX:SP2 is mandatory in FSX, etc.

There are dozen of things that has been fixed from 4.4 to 4.5 HF3, so the first thing you should do, is to update to it. Using both the Client and the Content installer.

The thing I don't understand is, you started this thread with:

So i got a new computer, installed the p3dv4.5 on it. All fine

Now you are saying "and as im using p3dv4.4.xxxx" ? So, which is which ? You really went back from 4.5 ( and which version ? HF3 ? ) to 4.4 ? I'm not sure that's even possible, unless you uninstall everything and reinstall with the 4.4 full installer.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 12:45:46 pm by virtuali »

PouyaKhoshgoo

hehe....yeah it sounds a bit confusing. so 2 computers actually! both with the same version of p3d and everything else. installed the same GSX i got, on both of them.(uninstalloed though tbh)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
both with the same version of p3d and everything else.

Which is still is not very clear which one is, since you first said 4.5, then 4.4

PouyaKhoshgoo

My bad!

By the way(and i know it might be off topic) is there a way to do this upgrade to 4.5 withought having to install all the add on stuff again?