Author Topic: CouAtl Live Update Error  (Read 6773 times)

micstatic

CouAtl Live Update Error
« on: September 11, 2020, 07:21:53 pm »
so attempted to run the Couatl_Updater. Getting an unhandled exception.  If I hit continue it stays on step 10 of 372.  image attached.  Any guidance?  This is for P3DV5

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CouAtl Live Update Error
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 07:54:55 pm »
so attempted to run the Couatl_Updater. Getting an unhandled exception.  If I hit continue it stays on step 10 of 372.  image attached.  Any guidance?  This is for P3DV5

Very strange and, of course, I cannot reproduce it. Try this:

Copy this file:

Addon Manager\Couatl\QlmLicenseLib.dll

Into this folder:

Addon Manager ( the root where the updater is located )

And try again.

skypilot65

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 08:02:10 pm »
Your suggested fix worked. Below is the full dump from the error to help you debug it further.

Regards,
Kent

=====================

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'QlmLicenseLib, Version=12.1.20089.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9c65e32c060523a1' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'QlmLicenseLib, Version=12.1.20089.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9c65e32c060523a1'
   at Couatl_Updater2.FrmMain.ConditionalDownload(String name, String checkFolder, String remoteFolder, String localFolder, String relativeFolder, String cacheFile, String backupFile, Boolean removeLocalNotOnRemote, Boolean recursive, Boolean bIgnoreModelCFG, Boolean bReloadCache, Boolean verbose, String qlmSettings, String fileToSign)
   at Couatl_Updater2.FrmMain.ConditionalDownloadScenery(String sceneryName, String checkFolder, String remoteFolder, String relativeFolder, String cacheFile, String afcadName, Boolean bRequireGSX, Boolean bRequireGSX2, Boolean verbose, Boolean checkInPBR)
   at Couatl_Updater2.FrmMain.FrmMain_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CallShownEvent()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4220.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Couatl_Updater2
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Addon%20Manager/Couatl_Updater2.exe
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4220.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4200.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4200.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 08:21:24 pm »
Your suggested fix worked. Below is the full dump from the error to help you debug it further.

Thank you but, it doesn't say much more than the first screenshot. I made a small fix now, it should work without requiring to copy the file manually.

micstatic

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 02:13:07 pm »
so I just ran the updater.  Same exact issue.  Tried copying the file you recommend.  It was already there. but replaced it.  Still getting the error.  So unable to get the updater to run.  any other ideas?

So for whatever reason if I run the CouAtl_updator from the actual fsdreamteam directory it now works.  Not sure why my desktop link went bad all of a sudden.  But I'm good now.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 02:16:29 pm by micstatic »

shane25

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 02:26:09 pm »
Couldn't get it past the QlmLicenseLib.dll file . Tried the above fixes. Also tried after restarting the computer.
Shane

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 04:26:17 pm »
I'm sorry but, I cannot reproduce the problem, the only possible explanation is your local cloudflare node is not updated yet with the latest version of the file we put online yesterday. 

I'm sure it will start working normally if you try again Depending on your location, since cloudflare must update 200+ servers, so the exact time is not the same for everybody.

irishcurse

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 06:26:06 pm »
Having the exact same issue. I downloaded and installed GSX II again . Wasn't getting past step 2 until I did that . Now stuck at step 10. Ill try manually installing that file as suggested and report back

Edit: That fix worked. Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 06:31:32 pm by irishcurse »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 07:51:19 pm »
Edit: That fix worked. Thanks!

Please clarify, do you still have to copy the file manually now ?

sho69607

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 10:33:16 am »
Same exact issue here even after copying the qlmlicensefile. Anything I can upload like a log file that might make solving this issue easier?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 11:43:26 am »
Same exact issue here even after copying the qlmlicensefile. Anything I can upload like a log file that might make solving this issue easier?

No, the log wouldn't help much, I know what happened, and it simply shouldn't happen anymore with the current version. Try this:

- remove the following files, if you have them:

Addon manager\QlmLicenseLib.dll
Addon manager\Couatl\QlmLicenseLib.dll

- try Live Update again

- And, be sure, 100% sure and absolutely sure you have added the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusion list.

sho69607

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2020, 05:45:43 pm »
Okay I double checked the entire folder is on the exclusion list and after removing the QLM files listed I get an error saying the file can't be found. Should I try reinstalling gsx altogether?

« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 09:59:55 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2020, 10:01:17 pm »
Okay I double checked the entire folder is on the exclusion list and after removing the QLM files listed I get an error saying the file can't be found. Should I try reinstalling gsx altogether?

The error simply shouldn't happen. Try the updater after a Windows restart. If that doesn't work, reinstall with the GSX full installer, which might do some extra clean up the updater doesn't do.

kris tali

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2020, 11:21:55 pm »
after copying QlmLicenseLib.dll from c:\Program Files(x86) Addon Manager\couatl\ to c:\Program Files(x86) Addon Manager\ and running c:\Program Files(x86) Addon Manager\Couatl_Updater.exe, it worked. :)

But I wonder why I have two update exe files. One is Couatl_Updater2.exe and another is Couatl_Updater.exe
Which one should I use? When I run one after another, they seem to do their own updates.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2020, 12:10:37 am »
Pretty sure you only need to run Couatl_Updater.exe. I think the other one checks if the first one needs updates.
Captain Kevin