Author Topic: GSX V2 Missing menu P3D V4.5  (Read 1738 times)

mickham29

GSX V2 Missing menu P3D V4.5
« on: August 28, 2020, 03:01:10 pm »
Hi When I open the add-ons/GSX option in the sim I am missing the customize airport option.I have ran the reload Couatl option and also the live update.I gat the message when trying to open the GSX menu about no valid AFCAD file?
Any help would be much appreciated
I also forgot to say that there is no AddOn section?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 12:45:05 pm by mickham29 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX V2 Missing menu P3D V4.5
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 10:17:28 am »
The message about no valid AFCAD is usually caused by using external scenery configurators from 3rd party airports that switch between different AFCAD files and, depending on the method they do to switch ( copy or rename ), GSX might not be able to automatically detect a change in the AFCAD file, because in order not to slow down the start up too much, GSX doesn't check each and every file in your sim, but only the last modification date of all the scenery folders.

That's the reason why there's a "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" option in the Couatl settings menu: so you can force a rebuild of the airport cache after you switched the AFCAD file for an airport and it wasn't detected automatically.

mickham29

Re: GSX V2 Missing menu P3D V4.5
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 10:38:53 am »
Thanx for the reply virtuali.My problem seems to have been a corrupt file somewhere.I uninstalled CYVR {I picked the first FSDT airport in my settings}and then reinstalled it,and it fixed my problem.I did notice that it did seem to do a lot more when running live update.
Thanxs again