Author Topic: MFSX updates  (Read 2344 times)

bcm652

MFSX updates
« on: August 16, 2020, 11:29:11 pm »
Anything new happening for GSX updates for MFSX, the last one was on June 29 of this year.
Just wondering.. :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MFSX updates
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 10:05:00 pm »
Just to confirm: are you asking about updates for the FSX version of GSX ?

As you can see, GSX updates never stopped coming and, even if not *all* of them were relevant to FSX, most of them are, because things related to program logic or bugfixes, automatically apply to FSX too, because that's just code, not actual models/textures/etc.

If, instead, your question was to ask if FSX will see any more MAJOR updates, like entirely new services or features, than no, we clearly announced to have stopped any new development for FSX in 2017 and now, with the new Flight Simulator out, it's just nonsense doing actual work for FSX again.

If, instead, you are asking about updates in general, I know you might have probably spoiled by the usual ultra-fast and uninterruptible flow of GSX updates that has been happening for the past 8 years, so 7 weeks might seems like a long time but, the obvious reason why there hasn't been any releases in the last weeks, is because we have been working very hard to support MSFS 2020, which of course will benefit GSX too, in the long run.

After the release of KORD and LFSB for MSFS 2020, we'll release a new GSX update that will add a mobile GPU vehicle that can also charge the airplane ( similar to the jetway power unit ).

Also, we have been working on rewriting Couatl to 64 bit ( it was still a 32 bit FSX client ), because that will be a pre-requisite to have the full GSX working in MSFS 2020 one day, and this will benefit P3D 4/5 users too, since the 64 bit version will also work best for P3D, not having to be compatible with FSX anymore and being a P3D-only 64 app should increase reliability quite a bit.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 10:13:46 pm by virtuali »

Aussie123

• Very happy GSX2 User
Re: MFSX updates
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 01:09:50 am »
Personally, I purchased the new MSFS, tried it for two days and I am back on P3d v4.5HF3. A lot of frustration. P3d is much more suitable for my application in interfacing a full cockpit and surround views.

Please continue to improve GSX2 for P3d. Any improvements greatly appreciated.
I am sure that are there are thousands of users that are happy with it in P3d (and FSX)
Aussie
Prosim-AR B738 user on P3d V6