Author Topic: GSX Level 2 falls silent  (Read 2217 times)

Hauer

GSX Level 2 falls silent
« on: July 16, 2020, 04:07:31 pm »
Hi - For some unknown reason, I'm am currently not getting any sound generated by GSX. This applies to all aspects of the product. Very strange as all other add-ons work fine on my PC.
I've looked at other messages regarding similar on the forum and can confirm that my sound settings (Windows 10 PRO) are correctly set in the volume mixer and under the "communications" tab of sounds.
Re-installed on two occasions but the issue persists.
Assistance very much appreciated. Thank you.
Herman

Note - Using P3Dv4.5HF3, Aerosoft Airbus 3xxx PRO series, Pro-ATC/X, Simsounds 3.2, Ultimate Ground Crew X, A320 Flight Immersion, Chaseplane, Ultimate Traffic Live and a heap of weather addons such as ActiveSky, Rex and TOGA.
PC Intel i9-9900KF CPU @4.97GHz | Asus ROG STRIX 390-E Gaming mainboard | Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD |  3x 6TB Seagate 7200 rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | P3Dv5.4 | Thrustmaster Hotas T.16000 M + CH Products rudder

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Level 2 falls silent
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 06:56:03 pm »
For some unknown reason, I'm am currently not getting any sound generated by GSX.

Check if this fixes your problem:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18069.msg126936.html#msg126936

Hauer

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 09:29:35 pm »
Thanks for your response, Umberto.

Went through the link provided and can confirm that all settings indicated are correct i.e. audio card is correctly stated in the GSX Audio Settings, etc.

My P3D starts by default at EDDN Airport (Flightbeam). I would previously immediately have flashing lights as the jetway is placed against the aircraft and a constant beeping sound whilst it moves. Now there is nothing... no lights, no sound.
No vehicles are heard and no ground communication chatter either. Only total silence from the GSX product. Tried EDDF (Aerosoft Mega v2) too with the same result.
The GSX menu (CTRL-12) functions as normal but no sound.

All other products function correctly in respect of sound.

Herman
PC Intel i9-9900KF CPU @4.97GHz | Asus ROG STRIX 390-E Gaming mainboard | Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3200 RAM | 1+2TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD |  3x 6TB Seagate 7200 rpm harddisks | Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme RTX2080 Ti 11GB video card | P3Dv5.4 | Thrustmaster Hotas T.16000 M + CH Products rudder

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2020, 09:42:15 am »
I would previously immediately have flashing lights as the jetway is placed against the aircraft and a constant beeping sound whilst it moves.

This seems to indicate your problem is related to your audio card ( or Windows sounds settings ) in general, and not GSX. Yes, even if it might sound counter-intuitive, even if a jetway is made and placed with GSX, its sound is entirely handled by SODE, we don't do anything in our code to let the jetway sound. Yes, all the other GSX vehicles are handled by the GSX sound engine, except for the jetway.

Which means, at least two applications ( GSX and SODE ) are affected by a problem with your audio settings. You made a list of several add-ons but, some of them clearly don't use their sound engine ( UT Live for sure, AI sound is entirely handled by the sim ), and some are not out-of-process applications like GSX ( and SODE ) , but in-process .DLL, and sound handling is different if the sounding program is a sim .DLL module or an external .EXE, that's why I posted that link, because it's relevant to a specific handling Windows does to background applications coming in/out of focus, which is not an issue of in-process application ( .DLL modules ), which are always "in-focus", as far as sound is concerned.

Hauer

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 10:52:13 am »
Thanks for the feedback, Umberto.

Will investigate further on my PC and let you know if / when resolved.

Herman