Author Topic: Fuel Truck not coming or coming very late  (Read 6338 times)

abueren

Fuel Truck not coming or coming very late
« on: July 14, 2020, 07:15:23 pm »
Hello,
from time to time, the fuel truck won't come. It just says "fuel truck requested" and it won't change to fuel truck on the way or it takes a really long time (15min) for this to happen. All other services work. What could be the problem for this? What is the default time for the fuel truck to show up?

best regards
Adrian
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 09:19:27 pm by abueren »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fuel Truck not coming or coming very late
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2020, 11:10:57 am »
This has been discussed and answered so many times and, of course, it's not a GSX  problem.

The Fuel truck of course is coming from a scenery "FUEL" parking ( would you expect otherwise ? ), and will take ( by preference ) a path made of "VEHICLE" kind path, so it will do a realistic route with less chances to crash into AI airplanes.

However, it's possible the scenery you are using might have the following problems:

- There are no parkings of the "Fuel" kind. In this case, GSX will use a generic "Vehicle" parking type, assuming there IS one in the scenery. If even a "vehicle" parking is missing, GSX will have no other choice than to spawn the fuel truck from a random parking at the airport.

- Even if the appropriate parking spots are available, they might be very far from your gate, so it might take a while for the Fuel truck to arrive

- Even if the appropriate parking spots are available and are not very far, they might not be connected properly with paths of the "vehicle" kind, either because these are missing, or because a path using them to reach your gate might be much longer, As I've said, GSX will use vehicle paths by preference, even if they are longer than a simpler path made by regular taxiways. Taxiways are only used as a last resort, if there's no other choice.

So, in general, if the scenery AFCAD is made properly, with Fuel and Vehicle paths well distributed around the airports and with proper paths of the Vehicle kind that can reach every gate/terminal, you would't have to wait too long.

If you thing you are waiting too long, it's sure the AFCAD has one of these problems.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2020, 11:20:02 am »
I've actually had the same problem happen before. So you do the deboarding and the catering, then the fuel truck is supposed to show up. If the fuel truck is on the way, it would tell you in the GSX menu when you pull it up. But sometimes I've had it happen where I pull up the GSX menu, the deboarding and catering have both been completed for a while, but the fuel truck still says fueling has been requested, it doesn't say that the fuel truck is on the way. Given that I don't have time to sit and wait that long, I end up having to reset GSX, then calling the fuel truck. When I call the fuel truck then, that's when it says the fuel truck is on its way.
Captain Kevin

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2020, 03:10:22 pm »
i usually  go  to  view  select fuel  truck to see  if  its  actually  on the  way,  than  you  know  its  coming

abueren

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2020, 07:19:22 pm »
Thanks Virtuali for this explanation which will allow fixing the issue. But concerning the "answered many times" - if I type "fuel truck" in the search, it only shows links to this thread. So maybe the search index needs to be improved.

Thanks again
Adrian

bwbriscoe

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2020, 01:55:22 am »
Thanks Virtuali for this explanation which will allow fixing the issue. But concerning the "answered many times" - if I type "fuel truck" in the search, it only shows links to this thread. So maybe the search index needs to be improved.

Thanks again
Adrian

I do hate a "it's been answered many times" response. Ok, but if it's been asked that many times why is it still an issue? As paying customers, I don't expect a response of "just search and find the answer". It doesn't take you two seconds to point us in the right direction, which we would be very grateful of.

bwbriscoe

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2020, 03:41:10 pm »
Unfortunately, this still has not answered the query that was made, despite you pasting a number of links. It’s not an issue that the fuel truck is on its way and taking forever, the issue is when requesting the fuel truck we get a “Fuel truck requested” notification and it stays that way for a good 20 minutes before eventually notifying me that the “Fuel truck is on its way”.

Why does it stay stuck on requesting for such a long time?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 06:36:00 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2020, 06:39:57 pm »
It’s not an issue that the fuel truck is on its way and taking forever, the issue is when requesting the fuel truck we get a “Fuel truck requested” notification and it stays that way for a good 20 minutes before eventually notifying me that the “Fuel truck is on its way”.

But since it doesn't do that, I assumed the question as a generic too long wait time, which is why AFTER I explained again, I also posted the links BECAUSE someone said he couldn't find it using the "search" function.

I tried now, at FSTD KCLT using the FsLabs A320, and I can see the "Fuel Truck is on its way" immediately after calling it.

bwbriscoe

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2020, 01:21:59 am »
It’s not an issue that the fuel truck is on its way and taking forever, the issue is when requesting the fuel truck we get a “Fuel truck requested” notification and it stays that way for a good 20 minutes before eventually notifying me that the “Fuel truck is on its way”.

But since it doesn't do that, I assumed the question as a generic too long wait time, which is why AFTER I explained again, I also posted the links BECAUSE someone said he couldn't find it using the "search" function.

I tried now, at FSTD KCLT using the FsLabs A320, and I can see the "Fuel Truck is on its way" immediately after calling it.

I'm sat at Simwings (Aerosoft) London Heathrow for 20 minutes after requesting the fuel truck before it even says "on its way"! Surely this isn't right?!

pete_auau

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2020, 10:07:03 am »
depends  on the  size  of the  airport  i guess the  bigger  it is   the  longer  it  has  to travel

bwbriscoe

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2020, 06:07:28 pm »
depends  on the  size  of the  airport  i guess the  bigger  it is   the  longer  it  has  to travel

It doesn't say "on its way" it says "Fuel truck requested". I'd understand if it was on its way and taking a while, but it hasn't even started coming...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2020, 10:06:10 pm »
It doesn't say "on its way" it says "Fuel truck requested". I'd understand if it was on its way and taking a while, but it hasn't even started coming...

As I've said, it doesn't happen here. It says it's on its way immediately.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2020, 02:04:46 am »
In my case, it was hit or miss, but here's one where it did happen:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/488792277

2:36:15, refueling requested. Catering was still in progress at the time of the refueling request.
2:39:35, it says catering completed, but still says refueling requested.
2:43:27, checked to see if fuel truck arrived. It didn't. I reset GSX.
2:44:00, refueling requested again.
2:45:50, checked to see if the fuel truck was on its way, and only then did it say it was on its way.

5:40:24, refueling requested, then checked to see if the fuel truck was on its way. It was. Catering was completed at the time of the refueling request.

7:04:54, refueling requested, then checked to see if the fuel truck was on its way. It was. Catering was completed at the time of the refueling request.

I could search other past streams I've done to see where else this happens, but I have had it happen on occasion before. As you can see in this case, it happened one out of three times.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2020, 09:51:43 pm »
2:36:15, refueling requested. Catering was still in progress at the time of the refueling request.
2:39:35, it says catering completed, but still says refueling requested.
2:43:27, checked to see if fuel truck arrived. It didn't. I reset GSX.
2:44:00, refueling requested again.

This is normal. Refueling won't start until catering is finished, and 4 minutes is NOT 20 minutes so, instead of resetting GSX, you should have checked if you had a Custom camera for the Fuel truck, so you could find its location and follow it.

In any case, if it happens again, please report ALL the following:

- The airplane used

- The airport used

- The gate used