Author Topic: Airport parking mark & cargo unloading allignment problem  (Read 5719 times)

RVxSpeed

Airport parking mark & cargo unloading allignment problem
« on: June 27, 2020, 06:36:25 pm »
Please check the video(time stamped). While unloading there appears to be an issue with PMDG 747 side cargo. Also notice the aircraft parked beyond B747 marked line.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport parking mark & cargo unloading allignment problem
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 07:36:43 pm »
Please check the video(time stamped).

The video is not time stamped and I couldn't find anything in the comments either. Please indicate when the problem happens.

While unloading there appears to be an issue with PMDG 747 side cargo.

I don't understand your picture. Please clarify.

Also notice the aircraft parked beyond B747 marked line.

I suggest reading the GSX manual, the chapter named "Understanding the stop position", which explains why by default ( standard AFCAD ) the simulator doesn't allow to park different airplane types on the correct lines on ground, and how you can improve it with a GSX customization, in which you can set the Stop position independently from the Parking center, which is what normally the sim only use.

RVxSpeed

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 07:49:33 pm »
Please check the video(time stamped).

The video is not time stamped and I couldn't find anything in the comments either. Please indicate when the problem happens.

While unloading there appears to be an issue with PMDG 747 side cargo.

I don't understand your picture. Please clarify.

Also notice the aircraft parked beyond B747 marked line.

I suggest reading the GSX manual, the chapter named "Understanding the stop position", which explains why by default ( standard AFCAD ) the simulator doesn't allow to park different airplane types on the correct lines on ground, and how you can improve it with a GSX customization, in which you can set the Stop position independently from the Parking center, which is what normally the sim only use.

Watch from 28:42. See the pallets moving diagonally from baggage loader to the baggage train.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 10:05:38 pm »
Had something similar happen at 11:48:15 here. Not really sure how the baggage train ended up the way it did.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/654918540
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 12:41:09 am »
Ok, now I understand, the problem is the side cart loader is making a very tight turn in order not to crash into the engine on exit, so the last carts are a bit skewed, making the last pallet moving diagonally.

Which is not entirely unrealistic, those rollers allow complete freedom of movement over the surface:

=284

I think if we made the turn radius larger, preventing this effect on the last 2 pallets, will cause a more disturbing collision with the engines, depending where they are in relationship to the main cargo door, of course.

RVxSpeed

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 08:17:41 am »
Ok, now I understand, the problem is the side cart loader is making a very tight turn in order not to crash into the engine on exit, so the last carts are a bit skewed, making the last pallet moving diagonally.

Which is not entirely unrealistic, those rollers allow complete freedom of movement over the surface:

=284

I think if we made the turn radius larger, preventing this effect on the last 2 pallets, will cause a more disturbing collision with the engines, depending where they are in relationship to the main cargo door, of course.
Can you make the truck to go straight instead of turn. Just like front & aft cargo.

RVxSpeed

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 08:26:36 am »
So bottom line is there is no easy fix. I can’t edit the position to stop the aircraft on the marked parking spot.  Also if I can do I might ruin it for other types of aircraft
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 09:00:05 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 08:59:45 am »
So bottom line is there is no easy fix. I can’t edit the position to stop the aircraft on the marked parking spot.

Of course you can. By customizing the stop position in GSX, no need to edit the scenery.

Also if I can do I might ruin it for other types of aircraft

Of course not. As the paragraph in the manual I suggested to read says, adjusting the Stop position in GSX will result in different airplane types with their Exit in the same position, and their front gear in different positions, which is exactly what happens in real life, because the whole point of having different stop positions on ground is to have the doors in the same place, both for jetway but also for cargo usage ( for example, Cargo stands at KSDF, which requires every plane to end up with the side cargo in exactly the same place )

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 09:03:17 am »
Can you make the truck to go straight instead of turn. Just like front & aft cargo.

No, because it will then surely clash with the engine, if running from south to north, or with an eventual staircase on the rear or possibly even vehicles running on a vehicle path close to the tail, if running from north to south. There IS a reason why they turn while loading in real life...

RVxSpeed

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 02:20:46 pm »

No, because it will then surely clash with the engine, if running from south to north, or with an eventual staircase on the rear or possibly even vehicles running on a vehicle path close to the tail, if running from north to south. There IS a reason why they turn while loading in real life...

Either GSX doesn't know what's doing or you don't know what you are telling me. You said you can't make them go straight just like the FWD & AFT cargo & your logic was it will clash with engine & with other GSX vehicle? Well here you go. The pallet still GOES THROUGH number 1 engine.

=1921

The video is timestamped. If you do not know what is that. It means that when you click on the video it starts exactly where the creator wants you see. If you still can't figure out. It happens on 32:00 Mark.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 02:28:51 pm »
Either GSX doesn't know what's doing or you don't know what you are telling me[/. You said you can't make them go straight just like the FWD & AFT cargo & your logic was it will clash with engine & with other GSX vehicle? Well here you go. The pallet still GOES THROUGH number 1 engine.

I never said that, making the turn, will *always* prevent going through the engine, under any condition and any configuration of the cargo door, because that depends on the engine location.

I said if it went straight, as you suggested, it will SURELY clash with BOTH the engines AND especially the rear staircases, which is NOT a problem on the right side, that's why the loaders on the right side make a shallower turn.

If you do not know what is that. It means that when you click on the video it starts exactly where the creator wants you see. If you still can't figure out. It happens on 32:00 Mark.

I obviously know what a timestamped video means, since the video I posted about showing the pallet that can move in any direction IS timestamped. It's YOU that FORGOT to timestamp the first video you posted, which you said it was timestamped when it it wasn't. This last video you posted is timestamped, the first one I replied to wasn't.

But again, you said the "problem" is the pallet going diagonal, which is not, since that kind of platform rollers allows movement in any direction, and what really matters is the pallet ends up aligned with the cart.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 02:31:22 pm by virtuali »

RVxSpeed

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2020, 02:31:02 pm »
Since this is an ISSUE. Are you going to fix it?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 02:32:05 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2020, 02:32:42 pm »
Since this is an ISSUE. Are you going to fix it?

I'll repeat it again, if the "issue" is the pallet going diagonal ( as you said in your post ), it's not, since that kind of platform rollers allows movement in any direction, and what really matters is the pallet ends up aligned with the cart.

If, instead, the "issue" is the clash with the engine, we surely can look at it, because in my view is way more important that the pallet going diagonal, which is really nitpicking and it can be done in real life.

RVxSpeed

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2020, 02:34:34 pm »
I am not talking about going diagonal. I am talking about pallets going through the engine.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 02:36:09 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2020, 02:37:39 pm »
I am not talking about going diagonal. I am talking about pallets going through the engine.

You started with this thread about the pallet going diagonal, you even drawn a diagram in your first post, which is titled "cargo unloading allignment problem"

Now, after I show the real life video indicating pallets can move in any direction on the platform, you raised a DIFFERENT issue, which I already replied to in my previous post, which I'll repeat it here:

If, instead, the "issue" is the clash with the engine, we surely can look at it, because in my view is way more important that the pallet going diagonal, which is really nitpicking and it can be done in real life.