Author Topic: Z key not working in Docking Editor mode  (Read 2393 times)

hvw

Z key not working in Docking Editor mode
« on: June 03, 2020, 01:59:22 pm »
My Z key does not get any response when I am trying to lower a mounted docking system. The Q key works as per the manual e.g. increasing the height of the docking system. What can be going wrong here or what am i doing wrong?

Thanks,
Hans

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Z key not working in Docking Editor mode
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2020, 01:29:11 pm »
GSX doesn't use keys directly, it use whichever key is mapped to the standard Slew events and, in this case, the event is called "Slew ( down slowly )" in the Controls page for the SLEW mode activity.

So, the first thing to check, is which key ( usually Z ) is assigned to that Event in the standard Controls page, in Slew mode. If the key is different, then you must use *THAT* key, if it's not assigned, you must assign it ( by default is is assigned to Z ).

If everything looks fine, then the problem is another add-on has took that key for itself, so you must disable that add-on while editing, or configure that add-on to use a different key.

hvw

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2020, 04:03:29 pm »
Thanks for responding. I disabled all add-ons that I had and restarted P3Dv4.5HF3. Still most of the editor keys in GSX level 2 don't work. However, when I go into slew mode in P3D all keys work as defined in my control setting, i.e. Z is slewing slowly down, Q slewing up slowly. One would say they should work perfectly in GSX's editor as well then. I wonder what else could prevent the editor keys in GSX level 2 from working correctly? Did I oversee something else? Hope you or someone else can provide me qith some tips and hints that might solve this problem.

Thanks,
Hans

Later: Mea Culpa. It seems that my PMDG 737 NGXu's are the culprit here. When using another aircraft for editing parking positions, all goes well. Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2020, 04:13:04 pm by hvw »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 12:52:22 am »
Later: Mea Culpa. It seems that my PMDG 737 NGXu's are the culprit here. When using another aircraft for editing parking positions, all goes well. Thanks for your help.

I checked and yes, it seems to be the case: even when NOT using the GSX editor, just placing the sim in Slew mode, it goes up slowly with Q, but it doesn't go down slowly with Z. So yes, it's just the PMDG 737 that makes the Z key in Slew mode inop.

I'll hazard a wild guess why:

Z is used normal Flight mode to turn on/off the Autopilot and, since I'm fairly certain PMDG has a custom Autopilot, perhaps they are intercepting the Z key to prevent the default Autopilot to kick in, and are not checking if the plane in Slew mode since, in that case, there wouldn't be any need to intercept the Z, since in Slew mode it controls Slew.

hvw

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 09:07:35 am »
Disabling the Z key in PMDG NGXu's options solved the issue

Hans