Author Topic: 32-bit and 64-bit GSX installed but only one uninstall option  (Read 6008 times)

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
Re: 32-bit and 64-bit GSX installed but only one uninstall option
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 02:17:08 pm »
Hi Umberto,

It was around 30-40 mins from the time I started the downloaded GSX installer. I never used Live Update. There were something like 372 actions to perform and the message at the top of the installer window did say ALL my FSDT products were being updated. But the vast majority of the time was spent installing GSX and the many vehicles.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2020, 05:24:13 pm »
But the vast majority of the time was spent installing GSX and the many vehicles.

Sorry, but this is still not very clear. With "installing", you mean:

- The ACTUAL installation process, in which files are installed from the installer, all happening locally

OR

- The Live Update process, which might have updated files you didn't had the latest version of ?

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2020, 05:48:09 pm »
Umberto, I clearly stated in my last post I was using the downloaded GSX installer. Yes, run locally but the interface showed all files were being downloaded from your site.

I never mentioned the Live Update process. How would that be possible in any case if GSX wasn’t installed?
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2020, 01:20:00 pm »
Umberto, I clearly stated in my last post I was using the downloaded GSX installer. Yes, run locally but the interface showed all files were being downloaded from your site.

It wasn't clear at all, and in fact it's even less clear now. But I understand why you are probably confused, I'll try to explain better.

I never mentioned the Live Update process. How would that be possible in any case if GSX wasn’t installed?

Now I see  where your confusing came from. You thought I was asking about YOU manually running the FSDT Live Update. That's not what I meant, I thought you realized the INSTALLATION happens in TWO steps:

1) Step one is when the installer copies files from its temporary folder to the destination folder. This happens locally.

2) Step two is when the installer launches the Live Update ( not you ) which does it automatically as the last step of the installation. This is where files are eventually downloaded

I asked which part of the process was slow because, if you run the latest installer, the Live Update wouldn't have much left to do, since there shouldn't be *that* many files still left to update, after running the latest version of the installer.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2020, 03:46:08 pm »
Hello again. I wasn’t aware that Live Update was launched by the downloaded installer. Now that it’s clear it does it was when the status was displayed showing how many processes had completed and how many were remaining. That was what took around 30 mins to complete. And the message at the top of the window said all my installed products were being updated. That I find strange when it was only GSX I had uninstalled. I suppose you have your reasons for doing that. One installer checks everything.

I have a reasonable fast internet connection of 60Mbps and it was via a computer connected via Ethernet. I suppose you could check this yourself by uninstalling and running the relevant GSX installer.

The reason I’m reinstalling is because I run P3D v3 and v4. I have been having CTDs when flying FS Labs Concorde in v3 and after exhausting all other likely sources only GSX and SODE remained. After uninstalling and reinstalling GSX the CTDs stopped so it looks like there is an incompatibility between GSX and the CIVA INS in Concorde because the CTDs only occurred at certain places when the INS was active. If it was switched off the problem never arose.

After 3 months of problem-free flying the CTDs started again so I uninstalled and reinstalled GSX and it cured the problem.

Crazy but true! I suppose it could be SODE since GSX installs that too. I can live with this but it is frustrating and also mysterious why it happens.
Cheers,
Ray.