Author Topic: no airports **SOLVED**  (Read 3306 times)

rickgo

no airports **SOLVED**
« on: May 07, 2020, 11:34:38 pm »
2 days ago in p3dv5 everything worked good. Yesterday I applied live update and now all airports say the are in trial mode.
Airport building are missing,scenery is missing,  I tried to reregister, and interesting that addon manager knows reg key but still wont let airport reappear.
I tried restart Coutal and reapply live update , makes no difference. Still says im in trial mode scenery is missing and reregister does no good. Also added exception to addon manager folder
 and even turned avg off, still the same.
                                                                    rick

« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 09:42:47 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: no airports
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 11:54:21 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm this can only be caused by a firewall or an antiviurs.

- Disable the firewall, to be sure it doesn't block the updater to download all files

- Add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions.

- Run the FSDT Live Update again, possibly as soon after you restart Windows, to be sure nothing leftover from the last sim session is still running.

rickgo

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 03:45:08 am »
OK, so I turned off firewall,and I turned off virus protection. This made no difference, All fsdream products are in Trial mode and dont appear.
Everyting was working fine 2 days ago. Also there is consistency, p3dv4.5 hf3  has failed fsdream products  as P3dv5.0 hf1....

I did notice that I now have 2 Couatl_updater.exe files in addon manager folder..one is 617k dated 4/14/20   The other is 972k dated 5/7/20. I tried using
both no difference.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 12:24:17 pm »
I did notice that I now have 2 Couatl_updater.exe files in addon manager folder..one is 617k dated 4/14/20   The other is 972k dated 5/7/20. I tried using
both no difference.

You cannot obviously have two files with the same name in the same folder, Windows won't just allow it. You have a Couatl_updater.exe and a Couatl_updater2.exe and you are always supposed to start the Couatl_updater.exe, and you don't have to wonder, because that's where the Live Update icon on the desktop points to.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 12:25:07 pm »
- be absolutely sure you added the Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions

- be absolutely sure you turn off every firewall or similar security software that might interfere with the download

- run the FSDT Live update after you are sure you checked the first two points.

- if that doesn't work, try after a Windows restart

gregoryv

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 06:41:15 pm »
Hi Umberto.

I have the same issue as Rick.
GSX and all sceneries are in trial mode. Add on manager and couatl showing in P3D V5 menu.
After activation scenery, airport doesn't appear and after relaunching P3D it goes back to trial mode.
I checked and addon manager excluded in windows virus & thread protection.
I tried to run live update without windows firewall. Same issue.
I spent today a few hours trying to reinstall all and understand what is wrong but finally found this post.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 06:43:58 pm »

gregoryv

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 07:05:23 pm »
Thanks Umberto. You are great!
It appears that Sode was not activated in P3Dv5 after installing HF1. That was causing the issue. Everything working now.
Thanks  :D