Author Topic: Can't Update GSX or Bglmanx  (Read 3499 times)

Kelleymoe

Can't Update GSX or Bglmanx
« on: May 04, 2020, 02:39:13 pm »
When I try to run my FSDT scenery in FSX I get the following messages when loading:

1. GSX is out dated. Run FSDT live update.
2. Bglmanx.dll is out dated.

I've ran live update 10x and still get the same warnings.

When I get into FSX and check the menu bar, I have 2 Addon Managers listed, version 4.5.0.19 and 3.1.0.1. I also have no scenery at any of my FSDT locations.

I have excluded the addon manager folder in Windows Defender, but still no change.

This problem didn't happen until I loaded KJFK. I loaded KDFW, KIAH, KORD, and GSX with no problem. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Update: I manually removed C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl and ran FSDT Live Update. No change still get the above warnings.

I then moved these files from FSX:

bglmanx.dat
bglmanx.dll
bglmanx_fsdt.dat
bglmanx_fbeam.dat
bglmanx_qwings.dat

After moving these files, I now have access to these dropdown menus on the FSX menu bar:

Addon Manager 4.5.0.19
Couatl Settings
Couatl Live Update
GSX

Unfortunately, I don't have scenery.

Thank you,

Mike
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 04:49:35 pm by Kelleymoe »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't Update GSX or Bglmanx
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 06:21:30 pm »
- DO NOT move anything manually.

- Use ONLY the latest version of our installers

- Be careful installing old version of the QW757 or old versions of Flightbeam sceneries, this will result in a double Addon manager menu. Use only the latest version of these, if you have any.

Kelleymoe

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 07:49:32 pm »
Thank you for the reply. I think I have the latest version of the installers. I downloaded them from your webpage and then installed them into my computer. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling KJFK to see if this works. My problems started after I installed this scenery. Prior to this, I had no issues with KORD, KDFW, or KIAH. I don't have QW or Flightbeam.

UPDATE: I uninstalled KJFK, the addon manager, and associated files. Now, everything appears to be working. I still have these dropdown menus on the FSX menu bar:

Addon Manager 4.5.0.19 (version 3.1.0.1 is not longer present)
Couatl Settings
Couatl Live Update
GSX

Everything works, but these files (I placed back) are no longer present in the FSX directory after uninstalling KJFK -- I'm surprised my other sceneries still work.

bglmanx.dat
bglmanx.dll
bglmanx_fsdt.dat
bglmanx_fbeam.dat
bglmanx_qwings.dat

Mike
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:17:02 pm by Kelleymoe »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 09:27:54 pm »
Everything works, but these files (I placed back) are no longer present in the FSX directory after uninstalling KJFK -- I'm surprised my other sceneries still work.

You are AGAIN moving/copying files manually, after I explicitly told you not to ? Please stop doing that, our installer works, and fact you don't see those files in the FSX root anymore, it's because since 2017, none of our software installs into the FSX root folder anymore.

But of course, if you install an older version, they'll reappear there (and causing double menus ), and nothing will work anymore.

Kelleymoe

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 02:51:20 pm »
Thank you Umberto! You solved my mystery. Apparently, when I installed KJFK it produced the old FSDT install directly into my Microsoft Flight Simulator X root folder. That explains why when I uninstalled it, everything went back to working since FSDT doesn't install into that folder. I didn't realize the install change until you mentioned it.

Now, I'm trying to figure out how to install KJFK without this happening again. My computer is new and I downloaded the scenery directly from this website. There were no other versions present on my computer. I tried installing this scenery again last night and got the same results. Where do I get this new installer for KJFK v1? Before trying again last night, I deleted my download from two days ago and redownloaded it. Unfortunately, it installed it directly into my Microsoft Flight Simulator X root folder.

Sorry to be a pain. I've been using FSDT scenery since 2009 with little to no issues. So, I'm just trying to figure out what's causing this glitch.

Thank you,

Mike

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 02:55:37 pm »
Go back to the FSDreamteam website to download the latest installer.
Captain Kevin

Kelleymoe

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 04:10:54 pm »
That's what I've been doing. This is a 1 week old computer, so I know it has no legacy FSDT downloads. I first downloaded the file 2 days ago and it installed my KJFK v1 into my FSX root folder. I uninstalled it yesterday because of the associated problems. I deleted that download and redownloaded KJFK v1 last night and tried again. Unfortunately, I got the same results with KJFK v1 being installed into my FSX root folder. Very strange it keeps placing those files in that location. I might just buy v2. I'm sure I won't have any problems doing this.

Thank you,

Mike

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2020, 05:52:07 pm »
JFK V1 doesn't give you the option to install anywhere else?
Captain Kevin

Kelleymoe

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 05:59:00 pm »
I don't think so. I'll purchase v2. This version is recommended for FSX. I appreciate everyone's help.

Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2020, 06:32:04 pm »
I'm sorry but yes, JFK V1 hasn't been updated anymore since 2013, when V2 came out and since then, we always strongly suggested FSX users to upgrade, so the installer is basically unchanged, and still use the old method of installing into the sim.

Since then, we basically assume JFK V1 should be used only in FS9, considering we gave V1 users 7 years to update.

We'll see if we can find the time to at least conform the JFK V1 installer to the current standards, to reduce confusion.