Author Topic: Safest way to uninstall a FSDT Airport  (Read 3010 times)

edwardpat

Safest way to uninstall a FSDT Airport
« on: May 03, 2020, 03:37:13 am »
Hi:
I installed KORDv2 in trial mode and now want to uninstall it completely from my system. Just want to confirm the safest (not the easiest) way to uninstall it from my P3Dv4.5hf2 without messing anything up.
Would the following procedure be Ok?:
1. Delete the KORDv2 scenery add-on.xml folder: C:\Users\*MyName*\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons. I use the Lorby P4AO to do such kind of things.
2. Uninstall FSDT KORDv2 from the Control Panel - Windows Programs and Features.
Is there any other file(s) that should be manually removed?.
Big thanks, Ed

rjlfry

Re: Safest way to uninstall a FSDT Airport
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 05:47:14 pm »
You do not need to remove the KORD trail when you purchase the airport it runs in trail mode until you activate it just enter the key in the addonmanger in the sim.

edwardpat

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 07:15:24 pm »
I just want to remove it because I won't purchase it. It's too hard on performance on my system.
Thanks anyway, hopefully some soul at FSDT could confirm the safest procedure for the uninstall process.
Cheers, Ed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 09:33:46 pm »
2. Uninstall FSDT KORDv2 from the Control Panel - Windows Programs and Features.

This, of course. Our products are proper Windows software, with a proper uninstaller, which is used in the most standard way. This one.

edwardpat

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 01:17:18 am »
Thanks so much.
Cheers, Ed